Title IX Coordinator
Drexel University will not tolerate any form of sexual harassment or sexual misconduct, including, but not limited to, sexual assault, sexual violence, sexual abuse, stalking, intimate partner violence and nonconsensual sexual conduct, or retaliation.
The University has appointed a Title IX Coordinator to coordinate its compliance with Title IX, the federal law prohibiting sex discrimination at the University, and to serve as a resource to University Community members. The Title IX Coordinator oversees the University’s centralized review and resolution processes for all reports of sexual harassment and misconduct.
The Title IX Coordinator, working with Deputy Title IX Coordinators and other relevant University administrators, will ensure that the University responds to and resolves all reports in a timely, effective and consistent manner. The Title IX Coordinator is also charged with implementing any appropriate supportive and protective measures to ensure the safety of the University Community.
The duties and responsibilities of the Title IX Coordinator include:
- Responsibility for overall Title IX compliance, including notifying all students, employees, applicants for admission or employment and unions of the University’s obligations under Title IX and publication of the Title IX Coordinator’s contact information, reporting options and the applicable procedures, process and options available after a report is made;
- Oversight of Deputy Title IX Coordinators and Title IX Liaisons;
- Assisting any individual in identifying the appropriate University policy to resolve a report in a prompt and equitable manner;
- Providing information and resources to all parties involved in a report under the University’s Sexual Harassment and Misconduct Policy;
- Acting as a central source for all sexual harassment and misconduct allegations;
- Conducting annual and on-going climate checks, tracking and monitoring sexual harassment and misconduct allegations on campus; and
- Coordinating training, education and prevention efforts related to issues covered under the University’s Sexual Harassment and Misconduct Policy.
The Title IX and Deputy Title IX Coordinators are available to meet with any individual to discuss supportive measures, campus and community resources and procedural options. They can be contacted by telephone, e-mail, mail or in person during regular business hours using the contact information listed below:
Paul Apicella, Title IX Coordinator
Office of Equality and Diversity
James E. Marks Intercultural Center
3225 Arch Street, Suite 011
Philadelphia, PA 19104