Foreign Exposure Liability
The University purchases insurance for protection against liability in a foreign country. To ensure that the appropriate coverage is in place, Risk Management should be notified in advance of all University-related international programs, research or travel abroad.
Coverage for foreign liability and foreign workers' compensation is currently excluded for travel to:
Anyone planning to travel to any of these locations must notify Risk Management at least 45 days prior to the trip for further review and/or approval from the insurance carrier.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Sierra Leone
If you have any foreign exposures (as defined in the bullets below), please complete the information in the GRAND system.
Specifically, we need to obtain information for the following:
- Research conducted by our faculty in foreign countries
- Student field trips abroad
- Study tours
- Trips abroad as part of a required class curriculum
- International Co-ops
- Affiliation/internship agreements abroad involving students
- Attendance at conferences and other meetings abroad
- Student organizations traveling internationally (e.g. Engineers without Borders)
- Faculty sabbaticals abroad
- Any other departmental trip or work conducted in a foreign country on behalf of Drexel University.
(Please do not list a trip that is administered by Study Abroad since it will be provided by the Study Abroad Office.)
If international programs, research, or travel abroad are not reported, the University’s insurance carrier may deny coverage in the event of a claim.