The University has contracted with On Call International to provide emergency medical, political and natural disaster assistance, evacuation and repatriation coverage for employed faculty, professional staff and all students participating on a university-affiliated international activity.
Any Participant who has attained the age of 81, MUST contact the Office of Risk Management to ensure coverage is available.
On Call Coverage includes:
- Pre-trip planning assistance
- Referrals to local providers, translators
- Lost/Stolen travel documents assistance
- Coordination of emergency medical care and payment guarantee to local provider
- Coordination of evacuation in the event of a medical, political or natural disaster emergency
- Repatriation of remains
- Unexpected expenses assistance in cases of emergency
On Call is NOT your health insurer. In a medical emergency, On Call will assist in securing medical treatment, but ultimately any medical expenses are the responsibility of the individual.
You must contact On Call FIRST in the event of an emergency in order to access their services. On Call does NOT reimburse for expenses and will only cover services that have been arranged by them. On Call must pay and arrange for ALL Global Assistance Services.
**In the event of an emergency where the University must make an advance payment for medical services on behalf of an employee for treatment deemed not work-related, the employee is responsible for reimbursing the University for the medical advance payment.**
Exclusions to the policy include, but are not limited to:
- Accident or injury resulting from participation in any hazardous activity including, but not limited to:
- hang gliding
- deep sea diving
- rock climbing
- martial arts
- Expenses incurred for the treatment of a drug addiction
Please refer to the Academic Program Description for additional information.
Personal and/or non-employee travel
On Call no longer offers a personal or non-employee option for insurance. This coverage is now offered through Tokio Marine:https://www.hccmis.com/
On Call will work with Tokio Marine to handle any ER assistance so we would request that this coverage be used for non-Drexel travelers going with covered Drexel travelers.
Please note, it is the responsibility of the club/student organization to cover the cost of this insurance on behalf of their coach/leader if that person is a non-employee associate/volunteer of the University.