Sunmi Jung Oh
Assistant Teaching Professor
Contact for Korean Study Abroad Course Approvals
Department of Global Studies and Modern Languages
- MA, English, Graduate School of Hyosung Woman’s University, 1989
- BA, Art, Rider University, 2001
- BA, English with a minor in Korean, Hyosung Woman’s University, 1987
- Teaching Korean as a foreign language
- Second Language Acquisition
- Community Based Learning
Sunmi Jung Oh, an assistant teaching professor at Drexel University since 2008, has been a teacher of Korean and Korean culture for more than 30 years. Sunmi loves to educate students and inspire them to explore different languages, customs, traditions and values. She has been recognized by the government of Korea with its Presidential Award for her dedication to teaching, and she is the recipient of the Overseas Koreans Foundation Award from the Korean Department of Foreign Affairs (2021) in honor of her ongoing contribution to teaching the Korean language and culture overseas.
- Co-author, 2019, “Korean 4.” JYBooks Press, Seoul, Korea.
- Co-author, 2015, “Korean K, 1, 2 & 3.” JYBooks Press, Seoul, Korea.
- Co-author, 2016, “National Association for Korean Schools (NAKS) Standard Korean Language Evaluation Test for K-12,” Bay Printing, Chicago.
- Co-author, 2012, “National Association for Korean Schools (NAKS) Standard Curriculum in Korean Language for K-12,” Bay Printing, Chicago.