MS in Educational Administration
In Drexel University’s MS in Educational Administration, future school leaders participate in rigorous academics and authentic internship experiences. Students are immersed in 21st-century learning technologies and a cutting edge, evolving curriculum.
We understand that community and collaboration enhance learning. The MS in Educational Administration includes partnerships with area schools, mentor support and opportunities for true engagement and discussion.
Unique Educational Administration Program Options
There are five unique program options designed to fit your specific career goals:
- Option 1: MS in Educational Administration
- Option 2: MS in Educational Administration with school principal certification*
- Option 3: MS in Educational Administration with school principal certification & special education leadership concentration**
- Option 4: MS in Educational Administration with special education leadership concentration**
- Option 5: Pennsylvania administrative certificate, principal K–12 only.*
* Requires a state-issued teacher certificate prior to enrollment. Certification may be issued from any U.S. state or territory.
** Requires a state-issued special education certificate prior to enrollment
All of our programs are ideal for certified teachers and counselors who aspire to support 21st-century students and make a difference in the field of education.
Locations and Delivery Options
The MS in Educational Administration is offered online.
Drexel University is the 2010 Sloan-C Award for Excellence in Institution-Wide Online Education, proving that Drexel University provides quality education opportunities online through reputable, accredited degree programs. There are no fixed class hours, so students can complete the program within their own daily schedules.
Online programs at Drexel offer the very same faculty, curriculum, and degree as Drexel's distinguished on-campus programs.
Concentration: Special Education Leadership
Today’s classrooms need highly qualified educational leaders to lead programs for students with disabilities, learning difficulties and cultural challenges.
Students in the MS in Educational Administration program may enroll in the special education leadership concentration, which helps prepare leaders to supervise programs that meet the needs of students with disabilities in a variety of special education situations.
The 46-credit program fulfills the requirements for the Pennsylvania Department of Education approved certification and a master’s degree in educational leadership. Eligibility for the Pennsylvania supervisor of special education certification requires verification that the student has completed five years of professional experience in special education or a related field.
The MS in Educational Administration is a rigorous and challenging program that demands a significant time commitment. As a leading provider of online learning, we understand the dedication it takes to include advanced study in your work and family life and we make every effort to assist you with your studies.
Every student is assigned a graduate academic advisor to map out a personalized plan of study. Advisors develop personal relationships with their students, helping them select courses and counseling them in reaching their academic and career goals.
Blackboard serves as an online support center. Through Blackboard students can:
- access course information
- network with classmates, faculty, and program advisors
- join discussion boards and share news
- check job postings
- access archived presentations
- access online tutorials
During the course of study, students benefit from activities such as lecture series by national speakers, dynamic workshops and internship orientations. After graduation, students continue to receive support through our mentorship program.
If you would like to speak to the academic advisor for this program, please visit the Academic Advisor Directory.
The MS in Education Administration’s learning outcomes specifically address and respond to The Pennsylvania Inspired Leadership (PIL) Program.
All curriculum for the MS in Educational Administration is developed and vetted with PIL's standards* in consideration:
- The leader has the knowledge and skills to think and plan strategically, creating an organizational VISION around personalized student success.
- The leader has an understanding of STANDARDS-BASED SYSTEMS THEORY and design and the ability to transfer that knowledge to the leader's job as the architect of standards-based reform in the school.
- The leader has the ability to access and use appropriate DATA TO INFORM DECISION-MAKING at all levels of the system.
- The leader knows how to create a culture of teaching and learning with an emphasis on learning.
- The leader knows how to manage resources for effective results.
- The leader knows how to collaborate, communicate, engage and empower others inside and outside of the organization to pursue excellence in learning.
- The leader knows how to operate in a fair and equitable manner with personal and professional integrity.
- The leader knows how to advocate for children and public education in the larger political, social, economic, legal and cultural context.
- The leader knows how to support professional growth of self and others through practice and inquiry.
*Department of Education, PA Inspired Leaders (PIL)
The MS in Educational Administration is a performance-based credential designed as a path to career advancement for elementary and secondary teachers and counselors in K-12 schools. Eligible students may pursue school principal positions and/or supervisor of special education positions. Graduates become school leaders with the strategic vision and tools necessary to initiate change.