Ed.D. in Educational Leadership and Management
Global forces, emerging technologies, and federal mandates are just a few of the challenges that are transforming education entities into increasingly complex organizations that require exceptional leadership.
Drexel University's Ed.D. in Educational Leadership and Management stands alone as a rigorous, accelerated part-time doctoral program that produces leaders with the skills and knowledge to create educational reform. Through collaborative discourse, action research, and the latest learning technologies, students acquire a facility in finance, leadership, management, creativity, and strategic thinking within the context of their individual education entity, university, and state.
The Ed.D. offers an elite professional practitioner's degree in two ways:
- Entirely Online
- Online/ On-campus executive format in Philadelphia, PA.
The Ed.D. is based on the Drexel philosophy that theory springs from practice. Students are encouraged to challenge their own thinking within a group and venture beyond problem solving to a unique model of individual leadership that will become a lifelong pattern of professional communication and growth.
Students may choose from the following concentrations:
- Educational Administration (with Pennsylvania Superintendent Letter of Eligibility)
- Educational Policy
- Higher Education
- Human Resource Development
- Special Education Leadership
- Athletic Administration
* Cohorts of 20 students study together through online coursework and on-site executive-style weekend classes 3-times each term.