EdD in Educational Leadership and Management
Drexel University School of Education
Global forces, emerging technologies, and federal mandates are just a few of the challenges that are transforming education entities into increasingly complex organizations that require exceptional leadership.
Drexel University's EdD in Educational Leadership and Management stands alone as a rigorous, accelerated part-time doctoral program that produces leaders with the skills and knowledge to create educational reform. Through collaborative discourse, action research, and the latest learning technologies, students acquire a facility in finance, leadership, management, creativity, and strategic thinking within the context of their individual education entity, university, and state.
- Entirely Online
- Online/On-campus Executive Weekend format in Philadelphia, PA
- Online/On-campus Executive Weekend format in Washington, DC
The EdD is based on the Drexel philosophy that theory springs from practice. Students are encouraged to challenge their own thinking within a group and venture beyond problem solving to a unique model of individual leadership that will become a lifelong pattern of professional communication and growth.
Students may choose from the following concentrations:
- Athletic Administration
- Creativity & Innovation
- Educational Administration (with Pennsylvania Superintendent Letter of Eligibility)
- Educational Policy
- Global & International Education
- Higher Education
- Human Resource Development
- Learning Technologies
- Special Education Leadership
* Both online and executive weekend format cohorts of up to 20 students study together across 9 quarters of coursework. Executive weekend format classes meet three weekends per term (Friday evenings and Saturdays).