EdD in Educational Leadership and Management
Our goal is to provide an exceptional educational experience for our doctoral students.
The application response to our EdD program has been significant. Consequently, we build cohorts by hand-selecting students with the greatest potential to optimize his/her experience in the program and in preparation for their future careers. Because our applicants have diverse academic and life experiences, we provide an opportunity for each candidate to submit additional materials that specifically support their candidacy.
Once we receive your completed application, we may arrange for an interview with our program director.
Application Requirements for New Applicants
For details regarding the items below, please review the Admission Application Checklist.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended verifying completion of a master's degree in education or an appropriate field (with a 3.5 GPA or better) and undergraduate degree in an appropriate major.
- Résumé indicating at least 3 years of work experience relevant to applicant's professional goals.
- Three letters of recommendation – Use the Electronic Letter of Recommendation form to submit your recommendation letters.
- Essay – Discuss your professional goals and aspirations, including how your current skills, along with advanced study of educational leadership, will be of support in the attainment of those goals.
- Writing sample – Submit a 5 to 30 page writing sample that demonstrates your writing abilities and potential success in the program. Examples include, but are not limited to, a journal article, a paper written for a class, or a manual or technical report.
Supplemental Application Materials for New Applicants
To make your application more competitive, applicants are encouraged to submit TWO or more of the following items:
- Detailed statement describing sustained Leadership Activities.
- Detailed statement describing significant Creative Activities / Products.
- Detailed statement describing significant Research Activities / Publications.
Please view our academic calendar for term start dates.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed when the application package is complete. Please allow 2-3 weeks for application review and decision.
Please note that completed applications received after July 20th are at a higher risk of not having their financial aid fully processed by the start of the Fall Term, although the University will make every effort to do so.
Students who were previously enrolled in an academic program, but did not earn their degree are considered Readmission Applicants. Students who withdrew from the University, were dismissed due to academic reasons, or have not registered for classes for four consecutive quarters, will need to be readmitted to their academic program in order to continue their education.
For instructions and requirements for readmission, please visit http://drexel.edu/grad/apply/readmission/.
If you are applying for readmission for the EdD DC Hybrid, please follow the instructions listed at http://drexel.edu/drexelcentral/registration/enrollment/readmission/.
Note: Students who have been permanently dismissed by the University are not eligible for readmission.
Application Information for Drexel University Employee Applicants
The EdD in Educational Leadership and Management program only accepts 5 employees into the program each academic year. Once the application submission cycle is closed, all employee applications will be reviewed and decisions will be made at that time with offers being extended to the top five competitive applications. Once employee applications are reviewed, employee applicants will receive notification from Drexel University Graduate Admissions regarding the application decision.
For More Information
Tina Marie Coolidge
Drexel Central assists and counsels students and families in identifying and procuring financial resources required for study at Drexel.
Students are provided with a DrexelOne account, which allows them to check the status of their financial aid awards online 24-hours a day. Drexel Central has professional staff available on all three Drexel campuses who can help students address questions or concerns about financial aid applications, awards, and other financing options.