All Members must be in compliance with all Drexel
University policies. Please visit Drexel.edu/policies
for more information.
Refund Policy: Drexel Recreation Center memberships are non-refundable and cannot be placed on hold unless in cases of:
- Formal leave of absence and sabbaticals (documented verification required)
- Changes in medical condition resulting in physical limitations (physician documentation required)
Guest Policy: All guests within the community are welcome to purchase a guest pass during the hours of the Member Services desk.
- Drexel faculty and staff with a valid DragonCard may sign themselves in for $5/day.
- Drexel alumni may sign themselves in for $10/day with an alumni card and photo-ID.
- The general guest pass fee is $15/day
Any guests that come in when the member services desk is closed are required to have a sponsor sign them in. (i.e. Member, Faculty/Staff, Alumni, Student)
All guests must be at least 18 years or older. If the guest is between the ages of 15 and 18, they must be accompanied by a legal guardian at all times. Photo ID is required.
Access Information: All members must present their
Drexel Recreation Center Membership Card or DragonCard
when accessing the Recreation Center facility. All Cards are
If a Membership Card or DragonCard is presented by anyone
other than the owner whose name appears on the card,
Drexel Public Safety will be contacted, access will be denied,
and your card will be taken away. We reserve the right to
revoke membership if this occurs.
Lost Card: If one’s Membership Card and/or DragonCard is lost or stolen, a new card must be obtained in order to use
the facility. To receive a new Recreation Center Membership Card visit the Member Services desk and present photo-
ID. There is a $10 replacement fee for a lost or stolen card.
To receive a new DragonCard you must go to the DragonCard office located in the Creese Student Center. If a lost
card is found after a new card has been issued, the previous card will no longer be valid and may not be used.
Renewing Memberships: Drexel Recreation Center memberships can be renewed by visiting the Member Services desk during hours of operation, or by calling 215.571.3830.
When renewing a couple membership, the Primary person on the account must be the one to renew if the two people cannot be present together.
Message to Parents/Guardians of Dependents:
Parents or guardians with dependents on their family membership are responsible for their dependents at all times while they’re in the Recreation Center or Daskalakis Athletic
Center (DAC). In case of an injury, incident or emergency, or if your dependent has a question or concern, please know they can contact our staff and Security Officers who are present at both entrances—the Welcome Center at the Recreation Center and the Front Desk of the DAC. All areas of the facility have staff designated with two way radios to communicate questions or concerns at all times; there are also mobile Building Managers throughout the facilities to assist as needed. Lastly, there are also Emergency Phones located throughout the facility.
Lockers: Locker Rentals are available to members on a first come, first serve basis. All locker rentals are for one year from the date of purchase and must be paid in full. Prices vary upon size and destination of locker. Please visit the Member Services desk for more information on availability.
- Day-Use Lockers: Day-use lockers are available at no charge on a first come, first serve basis. A limited number are available in both Rec & DAC locker rooms. Lockers available for day-use are labeled as such. Members must remove all items in day-use lockers when they leave the facility. If items are left overnight, locks will be cut and items removed.
Lost & Found: Any item found by our staff or turned in to our staff will be turned into lost and found, located in the
DAC Security Booth. Items in lost and found will be discarded after 1 week if left unclaimed.
- All valuables (wallets, ID, phone, jewelry, etc.) will be turned into Public Safety and items can be picked up at Drexel Police headquarters.
- If missing an item, please let our staff in the DAC Security Booth know and they will log your name, item, date and contact information. If item is found, we will contact you to retrieve.
Equipment Rental: Equipment is available for rental at the Equipment Window, located on the first floor of the Recreation Center. With a valid DragonCard or Rec Center Membership Card, you can rent any equipment available for the day. All items must be returned by the patron that rented them on the same day they are rented and in good condition otherwise a replacement fee will apply.
- All ground based lifting must be done with bumper plates (multicolored plates).
- All strength equipment should remain in its designated location and not be moved or relocated.
- Group activity or training (3 or more) is prohibited unless pre-arranged with Recreational Athletic staff.
- Explosive overhead movements are prohibited, these include: Clean & Jerk, Clean & Press, Snatch & Power Snatch, Behind the Neck Press, Overhead Squat, Hang Clean, etc.
- Weights must be controlled to the floor, dropping or slamming of weights will not be tolerated.
- Equipment is to only be used for its intended purpose.
- Please refrain from monopolizing cardio equipment. Limit use to 30 minutes during peak hours.
- The use of outside equipment is not permitted.
- Use of chalk (both liquid and powder) is not permitted.
- Patrons must re-rack all weights after use to their appropriately labeled location.
- Please wipe equipment down before and after each use.
- Food and drink is not permitted on the fitness floors, except for water in a plastic container.
- Protein shakes and powders must be kept in or on the cubbies.
- Shirts and closed toe shoes must be worn at all times; exposed torso (front and/or back) and cut-off shirts with gaps larger than three inches are not permitted.
- Excessive dress is prohibited, including sauna suites and multi-layered clothing.
- At no time should a person’s body go above any piece of equipment.
- Do not stand on upholstery.
- Belongings must be kept out of walk-ways and heavily travelled areas. Storage cubbies and lockers are available for use.
- Use of weighted vests and Vo2 masks are not permitted.
- The use of the heavy bag is for boxing style exercises only. Hand coverings are required to use the heavy bag.
- We reserve the right to enforce other policies as is deemed appropriate for a safe and friendly environment.
Broken, damaged or malfunctioning equipment should be reported immediately to the Fitness Floor staff or Welcome Center staff.