URBN Center Black Box Theater
A flexible state of the art performance space that is the home of Drexel’s student run Co-Op Theater Company and the Drexel Theatre program. This busy space hosts a main stage performance each quarter along with performances of the Director’s Lab, Winter Cabaret, NewWorks Festival, and many other theatrical events throughout the year. It offers Drexel Theater an opportunity to create intimate cutting edge theatrical productions, develop original work by students from Drexel’s Screenwriting/Playwriting program, and host professional productions - workshops and events in collaboration with Philadelphia’s professional theater community. The space also serves as a laboratory classroom for acting, directing, musical theater, and sound/production/lighting design.
Basic Technical specifications
- Performance space: approximately 40” x 52”
- Full lighting grid at 12' 6"
- Comprehensive lighting and sound inventory
- Maximum possible seating (depending on configuration): 110
- Shared dressing and classroom space
- Separate stage management booth
- Washer and dryer on-site