What students need to know about registering for a performance ensemble:
1. Ensembles can be taken for 0 or 1 credit. Performing Arts scholarship students are asked to take the ensemble for 1 credit unless they are already at 20 credits or are at the maximum allowed on co-op. The same participation is expected of students registering for 0 or 1 credit.
a. Students who register for 0 credit will still receive a grade for the ensemble, which shows up on their transcript, but it will not be averaged into their GPA.
2. Students who need the ensemble credit to reach 12 credits, or full-time status, must register for their ensemble by the end of Week 1 of the term, or their federal financial aid may be impacted.
3. Students who are surpassing 12 credits are asked register by the end of Week 2. Select ensembles may have an extended registration period to accommodate casting timelines. Unless otherwise notified, please plan to register no later than the end of Week 2.
4. Students registering after Week 1, the traditional drop/add period, must register with a drop/add form. This form can be obtained from ensemble directors. This form must be signed and emailed to Amanda Melczer in the Department of Performing Arts (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will confirm receipt of the form and submit it to be processed.
5. Unless the ensemble is listed as “instructor permission only”, or there is a class conflict which requires an override, students should register for the ensemble online when their registration time ticket is open.
6. If the ensemble is “instructor permission only”, or there is a class time conflict, an override form (before the term starts) or a drop/add form (after the term starts) must be obtained and signed by the ensemble director.
a. If a student is on co-op, the co-op advisor will also need to sign the drop/add form. This form must be submitted using the same process outlined in item 4 above.
b. If there is a time conflict, a conflict memo must be obtained from the ensemble director. The Performing Arts office will sign the form again and send it to be processed.
c. Academic advisors do not have permission to put students in an “instructor permission only” course.
7. First term freshmen who did not get placed in their ensemble through block registration can contact their Academic Advisor to be put into their ensemble, if it is not listed as “instructor permission only”. If it is, please register with a drop/add form (instructions in item 6).
8. For Performing Arts scholarship students, scholarships will be automatically applied to their financial aid when ensemble registration is complete. No funds will be released prior to registration. The total award listed on scholarship contracts will be split evenly between Fall, Winter, and Spring terms.
9. It is the student’s responsibility to check their schedules to confirm ensemble registration, correct credit information, etc. by the end of Week 2.
10. To change the credits in ensemble from 0 to 1 during the first week of the term do the following:
Register for the course first at 0 credits. Once the status reads Registered in the summary (like the screenshot above) then click on the Schedule and Options tab (next to plans) and a summary will appear. For the course where it says 0, click the number 0 (it looks like this 0) and a drop-down option will appear. Then, select 1 credit and submit the update.
The variable credit adjustment explanation is part of the registration video located here.
The variable credit explanation appears around 4:30.