Lindy Center Events
The Lindy Center supports student civic engagement by providing a variety of opportunities to learn with and from campus and community partners, resources to engage in self-guided learning, and a physical space to be in community with fellow students and feel a sense of belonging. The Lindy Center hosts the following recurrent events throughout the calendar year:
- First Fridays showcase the important work being done by local community organizations and campus partners to promote civic engagement and social change. The first Friday of each term, we invite a different partner to share their projects, initiatives, and programs that are making a difference in our community.
- Talking Tuesdays are designed to provide a space for students to come together and engage in meaningful conversations about issues that matter. Each month, we focus on a different topic related to civic engagement, such as student advocacy or mentorship.
- Collaborative events with civic-focused student organizations
- From Issue to Action invites activists and community organizers within the Drexel community to share their real-life experiences of how they went from identifying an issue to taking action.
- Throughout Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Week of Reflection and Service, the Lindy Center hosts educational and reflective events that explore civil rights advocacy with the aim to inspire individuals to become agents of social change. The Lindy Center also supports service and other events throughout the University.
- Welcome Week is a campus-wide initiative to welcome new students to Drexel and Philadelphia. Each year, the Lindy Center invites students to participate in events that highlight civic engagement on campus and get to know West Philly. 2023 events include an open house with topical workshops, community cookout in collaboration with the Dornsife Center for Neighborhood Partnerships, discussion with current Lindy student Leaders about involvement opportunities, and one-on-one civic consultations.
For a calendar of events related to civic engagement that are happening all throughout campus, check out our curated "Relevant Campus Events" page.