Resources for Users
Picotte User Documentation Wiki
The Picotte wiki compiles updates, news, policy documents, and general usage guidance for Picotte and cluster computing in general. Please carefully review the Wiki before using Picotte.
Use the URCF Resources for a Class
The Picotte cluster is available free of charge for limited use in formal Drexel courses. Large-scale allocations may not be possible, so please contact URCF Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) in writing a minimum of two months before the start of the term to discuss course needs.
ACKNOWLEDGING THE URCF AND FACILITY STAFF IN YOUR RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
The URCF provides access to shared high-performance computing resources to users and faculty and facility staff provide essential services and guidance to facility users. Proper acknowledgment of staff helps them advance their careers. Acknowledgments of the facility serve as a metric for assessing the value of the facility and its staff to Drexel’s research and educational missions and impact financial support for operations and expansion.
- Core Acknowledgment – If the research reported includes data obtained on URCF resources, please include an acknowledgement of the “University Research Computing Facility at Drexel University” in the publication. Sample acknowledgment: “Simulations were performed using shared computing resources in the University Research Computing Facility at Drexel University.”
- Equipment Funding Acknowledgment – URCF resources acquired through grants may require acknowledgments that include a specific award number. Current instrumentation grants will be listed on this page and in documentation provided by staff.
- Please include the following grant acknowledgement in any publication using Picotte: “Picotte is partially funded by NSF OAC Major Research Infrastructure Grant 1919691”
- Staff Acknowledgment – If a facility staff member provided support through advanced training or guidance, please include the staff member in the acknowledgment as well as the URCF. Sample staff acknowledgement: “We thank the Dr. David Chin for expert assistance with HPC GPU computing.”
- Staff Co-authorship – Please discuss co-authorship with facility staff in cases where they have made (or are asked to make) a significant and essential intellectual contribution to a research project submitted for publication.