Research Accounting Services
Research Accounting Services supports the University's mission by ensuring effective management of the University's and the Academy of Natural Sciences internally and externally funded sponsored awards. Research Accounting Services works as a partner with Principal Investigator's and Department Administrators to manager the project from the time it is awarded all the way until it is closed out.
The Research Accounting Services team ensures financial compliance with the Office of Management and Budget's Uniform Guidance and individual sponsor guidelines and restrictions. Research Accounting Services also prepares the annual Uniform Guidance audit, the NSF Higher Education Research and Development Survey, and develops the University's federal facilities and Administrative and fringe benefit rates for externally sponsored awards.
Research Accounting Services conducts trainings on various topics related to active life management of awards. The department also ensures that the University is current in following regulatory and financial accounting guidance impacting sponsored awards. Research Accounting Services partners with the University research community to ensure that that are adequately informed about accounting system and process changes. Research Accounting Services seeks to leverage technology effectively to improve their overall operations.
WHAT CAN RESEARCH ACCOUNTING SERVICES HELP ME WITH?
- Provides training on various grant management topics, including, effort reporting and active live management of awards
- Establishes fund numbers in the Banner ERP system for all internally funded awards, cost shares, and externally funded awards
- Assistance with how to pre-review or certify an Effort Report in the Banner Effort Reporting System
- Provide copies of current and prior year Uniform Guidance Audits
- Update award budgets based on additional funding or funding changes
- Provide details on award payments and accounts receivable balances
- Assistance with accruing amounts for final invoicing during project close-out
- Guidance with questions relating to the processing of cost transfers using the Journal Entry Workflow