General Accounting Overview
The mission of General Accounting is to maintain and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the University's financial records through the development and maintenance of effective procedures and controls.
General Accounting ensures that all transactions are made in accordance with Drexel University's policies and generally accepted accounting principles established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Through training and communication, the University community is served and kept informed about the various accounting processes and systems. The office seeks to utilize technology in the most effective manner to improve overall operations.
WHAT CAN GENERAL ACCOUNTING HELP ME WITH?
- Submitting journal entries using the Journal Entry Workflow
- Maintaining capital assets: updating custodians, locations, disposing of assets
- Assistance with annual capital asset confirmation process using Capital Asset Confirmation Tool
- Guidance on proper account utilization
- Assistance with questions with month-end or year-end accruals and deferrals
- Questions as to whether a deposit was received and how it was applied