Official University Policies support the integrity and fulfillment of Drexel University’s mission, values, operations and reputation by setting expectations and clarifying best practices for the University community, managing institutional risk, and promoting compliance with laws and regulations at the local, state and federal level. Drexel is currently undertaking a project to overhaul and streamline the policymaking process to better promote shared governance, standardization, transparency, and diversity, equity and inclusion. This website provides updates on that project, as well as resources and guidance for developing Official University Policies.
IMPORTANT: If you are in the process of revising an existing Policy or developing a new Policy, please refer to the updates below and the steps outlined on the Policy Compliance Interim Process page.
Policy Process Implementation Updates
Updated March 2022
The newly formed Policy Council is currently undergoing training as it prepares to review new and revised Official University Policies.
PLEASE NOTE: Starting Monday, April 4, the Director of Policy Compliance will be processing Intake Forms for new and revised Official University Policies in batches ONLY on the second Tuesday of every month. You may submit Policy Intake Forms at any time, but please note that the Director of Policy Compliance will review and process Policy Intakes Form only on the second Tuesday of the month.
For example, on Tuesday, May 10, the Director of Policy Compliance will review and begin processing Policy Intake Forms received from April 13 through May 10. Similarly, on Tuesday, June 14, the Director of Policy Compliance will review and begin processing of Policy Intake Forms received from May 11 through June 13.
The Policy Compliance website has more information on the current Interim Process for policy review. Please submit Policy Intake Forms and send questions regarding the policy compliance process to the Director of Policy Compliance at email@example.com.
Policy Compliance Program
The Director of Policy Compliance within the Office of Compliance, Privacy and Internal Audit oversees the implementation of DU-01 and provides centralized management of the policy development process, working in partnership with the Office of the General Counsel, key stakeholders, the Policy Council, and the various academic and administrative units that are responsible for drafting and implementing Official University Policies.
Drexel’s Policy Compliance Program seeks to:
- Steward the management, oversight, publication and communication of Official University Policies to all Drexel students, faculty and professional staff, in accordance with DU-01;
- Arrange and monitor the policy review schedule, and ensure all policy reviews include a diversity, equity and inclusion lens;
- Support the work of the Policy Council;
- Maintain a central database of current and past versions of Official University Policies;
- Increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness by ensuring the transparency, timeliness, consistency, accessibility and relevancy of Official University Policies;
- Receive and answer inquiries about Drexel’s policy process; and
- Foster collaboration by engaging stakeholders across the University community.
In this section, you will find the following information about Drexel's Official University Policies:
Policy Compliance Interim Process
Policy Development Tools