Digital On-Ramp’s mission is to help Philadelphians successfully transition through education and training into meaningful career advancement with fewer obstacles and more personalized support. Our team works hard to engage educators, trainers, service providers, students, advocates, job seekers and employers to facilitate technologies that streamline employment services, build capacity for organizations and improve outcomes for all Philadelphians.
Digital On-Ramps places Philadelphians at the center of the workforce training system by connecting them with relevant programs, resources and opportunities. It is a city-wide collaborative that builds free online tools to help Philadelphians find careers, access training opportunities and increase recognition of their skills and accomplishments.
Established by a group of organizations that are committed to improving the system of training and employment services in Philadelphia by applying 21st century technology for workforce development programs, the DOR Collaborative includes:
- City of Philadelphia; Community College of Philadelphia; Drexel University; Free Library of Philadelphia; IBM; JOIN Collaborative; Office of Adult Education for the City of Philadelphia; Peirce College; Philadelphia Academies, Inc.; Philadelphia Works, Inc.; Philadelphia Youth Network; School District of Philadelphia; and Urban Affairs Coalition.
We also work with key affiliate organizations that prioritize in and out of school youth, opportunity youth, returning citizens, un/underemployed youth and adults, ESL learners and low-literacy populations.
Digital On-Ramps Toolkit
DOR features an expanding digital toolkit of creative solutions that connect Philadelphians with access to opportunities and the ability to document, preserve and display their accomplishments:
- ePortfolio System Students and job seekers store, organize, display and share their documents and other credentials to illustrate their accomplishments through a secure link.
- LRNG Philly Digital Badging Initiative A bold movement to close the opportunity gap by transforming how young people access and experience learning, and discover the paths they can take towards success.
- Regionally Contextualized Career Pathways Tool Locally vetted career pathways indicate job titles and roles, education and training requirements, and essential skills.
- Curated Career Resources A comprehensive portal of professional development resources to build essential skills for meaningful employment.
For more information about Digital On-Ramps, please visit: www.digitalonramps.com