MS in Learning Technologies
The MS in Learning Technologies is a comprehensive program whose mission is to integrate design thinking and the learning sciences.
The trend toward wireless connectivity and mobile computing is changing the ways we communicate, learn and teach. Tech-savvy students who grew up with digital media have different expectations for learning. They value interactivity, creative expression, collaboration, hands-on experiences, games and social networking.
Our goal is to develop leaders who harness the power of technology to bridge gaps in learning. Each course is developed with an emphasis on design thinking, a creative and innovative approach to discovering learning and training solutions through technology. Our experienced faculty and strategic curriculum prepare graduates for roles in schools, corporations, startups, training divisions and others.
Locations and Delivery Options
The MS in Learning Technologies is offered entirely online.
Drexel University has been offering online courses since 1996, bringing its recognized faculty and curricula to a worldwide student body. Drexel is the winner of the 2010 Sloan-C Award for Excellence in Institution-Wide Online Education.
We are committed to providing convenient, flexible, and rigorous online programs that offer the same faculty, curricula, and degrees as our distinguished on-campus programs.
Students choose from among four concentrations that address emerging trends in learning technology. Each is designed to help students develop creative design skills through hands-on experiences with new media tools and learning formats.
- Instructional Design
- Instructional Technology Specialist (PA instructional technologies specialist certification is available)
- Learning in Game-Based Environments
- E-Learning Leadership
A key part of our online programs is the support students receive from beginning to end.
Drexel students receive a high level of support from their academic advisors through one-on-one guidance on everything from coursework to time management and field placement.
Blackboard provides an additional, customized resource that allows students to:
- access course information
- network with classmates, faculty, and program advisors
- join discussion boards and share news
- check job postings
- access archived presentations
- access online tutorials
If you would like to speak to the academic advisor for this program, please visit the Academic Advisor Directory.
Graduates of the MS in Learning Technologies will be able to:
- Apply instructional design principles to create high-quality learning formats that align with ISTE standards
- Take roles as future-focused, collaborative leaders to build connected learning communities
- Develop digital performance support tools and formats for just-in-time learning and support throughout the workflow
- Evaluate and assess emerging technologies (e.g., assistive technologies, mobile devices, simulations and online assessment tools) as they may be applied to learning
The Master of Science in Learning Technologies gives students a competitive edge as they advance in their current careers or enter new ones. The rigorous, wide-reaching program prepares students to influence the field of education technology in many different ways.
As schools and workplaces recognize the need for greater performance through customized learning, expert instructors who understand how people use technology will be the key to designing, integrating and leading these new training systems.
Graduates of the MS in Learning Technologies have a multitude of career options. Here are just a few examples:
- Technology coach
- Instructional design leader
- Learning coordinator
- Instructional program manager
- Curriculum software consultant
- Graphics and content webmaster
- Multimedia developer
- Director of integrated technology
- Manager of learning and development
- Corporate training director