STEM Education Certificate Program
Drexel University School of Education
The Certificate in STEM Education graduate program embraces the School of Education’s and Drexel University's focus on STEM education. The program creates an opportunity for those individuals who want to gain further understanding of STEM and provides the comprehensive education needed to effectively teach STEM concepts, as well as integrates strategies within the curriculum to effectively enhance student performance in STEM areas. The primary goal for the certificate in STEM Education is to broaden and deepen students' understanding of STEM education.
What is STEM Education?
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics or “STEM” Education is an educational curriculum that teaches students these four critical subjects together through interactive lessons and projects. STEM is important because Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics is all around us and is a part of every occupation. Science can be found everywhere from our environment to the stars. Technology is the driving force behind innovation and development. Engineering includes the development of the infrastructure we depend on every day, i.e. roads, bridges, railroads, aviation, etc. and Mathematics can be found in every job or activity we do.
By exposing children to STEM, we prepare the next generation of citizens with the basic knowledge and skills to thrive in their chosen professions.
How to Become a STEM Teacher
At Drexel University’s School of Education, we are committed to STEM Education and the endless opportunities it provides for future generations of students. Our 100% online Graduate Certificate in STEM Education gives students the opportunity to broaden their knowledge of STEM and prepare them to teach STEM concepts.
Through our graduate certificate program you will:
- Gain greater knowledge of STEM
- Acquire the skills to develop a strong STEM teaching curriculum
- Learn strategies to help K-12 students improve their performance in STEM areas
How Long Does It Take to Earn a Certificate in STEM Education?
- Instructional Delivery: Online, Campus
- Calendar Type: Quarter
- Expected Time to Completion: 1 year
- Number of Credits to Completion: 12.0
Course descriptions may be found in the Drexel University Course Catalog.
What are the Requirements to Earn a Certificate in STEM Education?
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Completed Application Form
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate GPAs will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA
- An essay describing why you are interested in pursuing graduate study in this field
- International Students must submit a TOEFL score indicating a minimum of 600 (paper exam) or 250 (CBT exam).
Who is Eligible to Earn a Certificate in STEM Education?
- Certificate Level: Graduate
- Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree
- Certificate Type: Post-Baccalaureate
- Financial Aid Eligibility: Aid eligible
How Do I Apply to Earn a Certificate in STEM Education?
The Graduate Certificate in STEM Education is an on-campus program. Students can get started by filling out the Drexel University Graduate Admissions Application.