Procurement Services offers the Purchasing Card (PCard) to qualified employees to assist in making simple, non-personal transactions.
Issuance of a PCard is based on business need. PCard holders must use the PCard responsibly and in a manner consistent with the University's mission, ethical practices, policies, applicable laws and regulations. All PCard holders and approvers agree to abide by the University PCard Policies & Procedures [PDF]Responsibilities
Cardholders are responsible for all purchases and returns/refunds made to their account, as well as monthly reconciliation and maintaining all records and receipts. Budget Managers that delegate PCards to individuals also delegate the scope of responsibility to that individual.
The University secures credit; there is no individual credit check or liability (other than for fraudulent use).
Lost or stolen cards need to be reported immediately to both JPMorgan Chase
(800-270-7760) and the PCard Administrator at AskProcure@drexel.edu or 215.895.2876.
PCard Change Form
Using a PCard reduces paperwork (Purchase Requests and check requests), the need for petty cash and cash exposure, allows an employee to deal directly with suppliers, decreases processing time, and eliminates the need for using and reimbursing personal funds.
PCards should be used in place of low-dollar Purchase Requests ($4,999 or less), check requests, and petty cash purchases for items such as:
- Dues, memberships, licenses, and application fees
- Conference and seminar registration fees
- Books, publications, periodicals, subscriptions, reprints, newsletters, and video and audio recordings
- Interlibrary loans to external libraries
- Photography, art, shop, and lab supplies
- Computer supplies and non-network software
- Airline, hotel, and rental car reservations for University-related business travel
When having items mailed to you, your shipping address MUST include:
- Your Name
- Your Department
- Your Phone Number
- Street Address: University City Campus employees MUST use the street address for Central Receiving: 34th and Ludlow Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19104. All other campuses should use their actual street addresses with their room number or mail stop.
When placing orders with your PCard, use the billing address listed on your PaymentNet profile. This information can be obtained by logging into the PaymentNet website, clicking on MENU, and then PROFILE.
PCards must be immediately surrendered to Procurement Services upon termination of employment.