All graduating Honors students who earned either Honors with Distinction or Honors status, are invited to attend the Honors Program & Medallion Ceremony in June each year. Graduating Honors students are awarded Honors Medallions, which are to be worn over their graduation regalia at the University Commencement Ceremony.
The minimum eligibility requirements for both levels of Honors Graduation are outlined below. All Honors credits must be completed and confirmed prior to the June Graduation date.
Graduating Honors with Distinction
Graduating Honors with Distinction awarded to the most accomplished Honors students. Distinction students are awarded with the Honors Medallion, which signifies the student’s passion for learning and drive for success. This achievement is also noted on the student’s official University transcript and in the University Commencement Program at Graduation.
Qualifications for Distinction
- Successful completion of at least 32 Honors credits including completion of two Honors Colloquia
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Completion of a Senior Project, Seminar, Capstone, or Design worthy of Honors; with an average grade of A- or A in your Senior Course series.
- Your major may already require this senior course, check for your senior major requirements [PDF] (credits earned in these courses will count toward the 32 required Honors credits)
- Submission of the Graduating Honors with Distinction Application [PDF] by the stated deadline indicated on the form.
All Honors students are encouraged to meet with an Honors Program Advisor early and often to ensure students are on track towards completion of these requirements.
Graduating with Honors
Honors students who complete the minimum requirements for membership are invited to graduate with Honors and are awarded with Honors Medallions at the Honors Program Medallion Ceremony held in June. This achievement is noted on the student’s official University transcript and in the University Commencement Program at Graduation.
Qualifications for Graduating with Honors
- Successful completion of at least 16 Honors credits, including completion of at least one Honors Colloquium (at least one term prior to your graduation term)
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
Students unable to maintain the minimum requirements towards Graduating with Honors may be placed on Honors Probation.