Physician Refresher/Re-entry Program
Drexel's Physician Refresher/Re-entry program offers a range of activities (education and assessment programs) for physicians who intend to return to active clinical practice, want to enhance their focus or area of interest, or want to prepare for admission to U.S. graduate medical education training programs.
We recommend certain programs depending on a physician's goals. Participants may include:
In addition, referring groups, including stakeholders such as licensing boards, specialty associations, hospitals and other employers, insurers, and others, may recommend the program to physicians.
Our courses utilize the College's excellence in medical education and instructional technology resources. Participants enjoy several benefits including:
- Learn in the College of Medicine's main teaching facility, Hahnemann University Hospital (or St. Christopher's Hospital for pediatrics) and its outpatient offices
- Access to Drexel University facilities and College of Medicine faculty
- Learn alongside Drexel students, residents and fellows
- Career counseling
- Onsite and distance-learning modules
- Success rate of 86% for returning physicians (Medical Teacher, 34, 285-291, 2012)
In addition to a high-caliber clinical experience, our innovative curricular strategies allow physicians around the world access to resources designed to enhance their professional and clinical skills. During the preceptorship, participants will build a portfolio of accomplishments that includes their completed activities, a certificate of successful completion, a transcript and assessment outcomes.
For any questions about the programs, resources, faculty or application process, please feel free to contact us.
Physician Refresher/Re-Entry Program in the Media
Doc: My Experience With A Physician Refresher Program
Physicians News (August 25, 2016)
"Painful Choices: The Price of Reentering Medicine"
MedPage (October 2014)
View All Articles
Back to Top