Nurse Practitioner Track: Women's Heath/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner
The online Women's Heath/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner (WH/GRNP) provides comprehensive care to women from adolescence through advanced age with an emphasis on all aspects of reproductive and gynecologic health needs. Focusing on both wellness and complex health issues, the WHNP is well positioned to improve the health and quality of life for women of all ages while recognizing their individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner’s practice in primary care settings as well as in women’s health specialty practices providing a wide range of services targeted to meet the needs specific to women and their partners.
Drexel University's online Women’s Health/GenderRelated Nurse Practitioner (WH/GRNP) Track prepares nurse practitioners for roles as advance practice clinicians, educators, researchers and leaders in a collaborative, multidisciplinary health care environment. The program is designed to include competencies and skill sets required for today’s Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner as knowledge expands, health care systems evolve, technology advances, and practice changes in response to current needs and evidence based research.
Students will come to campus to participate in collaborative, multi-fidelity standardized patient clinical learning experiences conducted in our new state of the art multidisciplinary patient simulation lab. The WHNP curriculum includes a wide range of issues specific to women, including well women evaluations, preconceptual, prenatal and postpartum care, menopausal issues, complementary and alternative therapy options, family planning, and various primary care issues related to the health care of women.
Please note: Applicants must have an B.S.N. degree to apply.
Key Program Features:
- NURS 550 – Advanced Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning Across the Lifespan. Students are required to participate in mandatory weekly didactic lectures. The Advanced Physical Assessment course is offered on-line.
- Mandatory On-Campus Visits
- NURS 690 WHNP I - Summer On-Campus Intensives
- NURS 691 WHNP II - Fall On-Campus Intensives
- NURS 692 WHNP III - Winter On-Campus Intensives
- NURS 693 WHNP IV- Spring On-Campus Intensives
- Program is online in a highly interactive, e-learning method that challenges and engages students. This is a 55 credit graduate program. A total of 640 clinical hours are completed in the last year of the program. The four clinical practicum courses require two 8 hour clinical days per week in addition to 3 hours of synchronomous didactic lecture per week.
The online Women's Health Women's Nurse Practitioner Track offers students both a full and part time course of study option. Didactic and clinical education is delivered via distance online learning, campus residency visits & pre-approved community based clinical preceptorships.
The Nurse Practitioner Faculty are committed to quality and excellence in the online Nurse Practitioner (NP) Programs. Campus visits are essential to students transitioning into the NP role. Students meet on campus for On-Campus Intensive Visits at beginning of the clinical practicum rotations, midpoint during the clinical practicum rotations and at the end of the clinical practicum rotations. The on-campus intensives afford faculty the opportunity to provide students with direct support, guidance, and mentoring while they provide students with the opportunity to interact with faculty and collaborate with peers. The on-campus visits allow faculty to ensure that 1) students are adequately prepared to enter the clinical environment and 2) that students are adequately prepared to graduate from the program.