Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Track
- A baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing from a National League of Nursing (NLN)-accredited program. 3.0 or above on all previous coursework or 3.25 or above on the last 60 credits of the BSN required. Applications from R.N.s who hold a non-nursing baccalaureate degree are considered on an individual basis.
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended. You must supply transcripts regardless of the number of credits earned or the type of school you attended. If you do not list all post-secondary institutions on your application and these are listed on transcripts received from other institutions, processing of your application will be delayed until you have submitted the remaining transcripts.
- A copy of your current, unrestricted United States RN license or eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse. License verification from your nursing license registry website are acceptable.
- Resume (Note: Resume should be detailed regarding work experience including specific job experiences/responsibilities/ departments).
- Two professional letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement (length: 800 to 1600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular program of study
- Your plans upon completion of the graduate degree
- How your current work experience will meet the criteria of 2 years of recent critical care experience.
- Two years of current critical care experience is required. *see below
- International Students: View additional requirements for international students .
- Please note all submitted materials become the property of Drexel University.
- Does not offer non-matriculated status.
- Students are accepted once a year by June 30th.
- Does not offer Post-Masters Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program.
*Critical care experience is defined as 2 years of direct patient care (not managerial) in an intensive care unit of any specialty. Telemetry and medical-surgical floor nursing experience are not included in the definition of critical care. Emergency room experience may meet the criteria depending on the patient population.
Applicants seeking admission into the MSN in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program may complete their clinical practicum rotations anywhere in the United States except New York and Maryland.
Students taking an online course with a clinical component or practicum CANNOT do the clinical or practicum portion of the course within the state of Maryland at this time. If you are a licensed Registered Nurse (R.N.) you may complete a clinical or practicum in Virginia and Delaware which share in a Nurse Compact for Licensure with Maryland. Students who reside in Maryland may continue to take online courses at Drexel University, but they must do the clinical portion of the course in another state.