Nursing Education and Faculty Role — Online Program
The Nursing Education and Faculty Role Track, with two teaching role practicum experiences, prepares nurses to work as nurse educators in diverse settings such as:
- Long-term care facilities.
- Community centers.
- Corporate and philanthropic organizations.
The program integrates theories specific to adult learning, curriculum design, evaluation of courses and programs, and leadership and leverages the rich resources of Drexel University.
The program emphasizes:
- Intersection of theory, evidence, and practice.
- Perspectives, theories, and research from the disciplines of human development.
- Education, management, and leadership as a frame for the curriculum.
Opportunities for development of teaching skills are provided through practicum experiences in both didactic and clinical teaching.
The program also includes opportunities to explore contemporary and leading-edge educational modalities for:
- Student evaluation.
- Teaching critical thinking.
- Using educational technologies such as online education.
- Standardized patient modalities.
- Other forms of simulation for nursing education.
Knowledge and skills gained through this program are applicable in a variety of settings.
If interested in learning more, please go to Drexel e-Learning.