Conditional Admission Programs
Drexel ELC offers both undergraduate and graduate conditional admission programs for students who meet Drexel University academic requirements but do not have sufficient language skills. There are also Partnership programs to other Philadelphia-area institutions without TOEFL requirements.
Undergraduate Conditional Admission Programs
- Students with lower TOEFL scores between 53 - 73 or IELTS scores of 5.0 - 5.5 can apply to Drexel ELC for admission to this program.
- Academically qualified applicants will be conditionally admitted to Drexel University if they successfully complete a 9 – 12 month foundation program that includes academic and English language courses.
- Admission to the University Preparation Summer Program is by direct application to Drexel University International Admissions only. The University Preparation Summer Program is for students who receive an acceptance letter from Drexel University.
- University Preparation (UPREP) is a 3-week summer orientation and preparation program designed to help students get ready for academic coursework and participate in activities that will prepare them for life at Drexel University.
- Drexel University Application and information is available on the Drexel Undergraduate Admissions website.
- Details for students accepted to the University Preparation Summer Program is sent in April.
The Drexel Graduate Bridge is a conditional admission program for students who qualify academically but need to improve their English language proficiency to to succeed in graduate school at Drexel University. During a 6- to 12-month program and Drexel English Language Center, students study intensive English language (ESL), test preparation, graduate readiness skills and cultural orientation. Upon successful completion of the program, fulfillment of matriculation requirements, and a recommendation from the Graduate Bridge advisor, students will qualify to pursue a Master's PhD degree at Drexel University. For more information, including available majors/areas of study and application procedures, contact GradBridge@drexel.edu.
Drexel ELC has partnership agreements with several Philadelphia area institutions that offer conditional admission for graduate, undergraduate, and associate’s degree programs.
- Students can apply for conditional admission without TOEFL or IELTS scores prior to or during enrollment at the ELC.
- Applicants must meet and complete all admission requirements with the exception of the English language test.
- Applicants will receive a letter of conditional admission from the institution. They must also apply to attend Drexel ELC. They will receive an I-20 from Drexel ELC.
- A student who is conditionally accepted to these institutions and completes ELC Level 6 (Level 5 for the Art Institute) with an overall average of 75% will have the TOEFL or IELTS requirement waived and can be officially accepted to the degree program.