Conditional Admission Programs
Drexel University Undergraduate Conditional Admission Programs
Undergraduate admission to Drexel University requires TOEFL scores of 550 pbt, 80 iBT, or IELTS 6.5. There are two conditional admission programs for students who meet University academic requirements but do not have sufficient language skills:
- Students with lower TOEFL scores between 53 - 73 or IELTS scores of 5.0 - 5.5 can apply to Drexel ELC for admission to this program.
- Academically qualified applicants will be conditionally admitted to Drexel University if they successfully complete a 9 – 12 month foundation program that includes academic and English language courses.
Drexel ELC has partnership agreements with several Philadelphia area institutions that offer conditional admission for graduate, undergraduate, and associate’s degree programs.
- Students can apply for conditional admission without TOEFL or IELTS scores prior to or during enrollment at the ELC.
- Applicants must meet and complete all admission requirements with the exception of the English language test.
- Applicants will receive a letter of conditional admission from the institution. They must also apply to attend Drexel ELC. They will receive an I-20 from Drexel ELC.
- A student who is conditionally accepted to these institutions and completes ELC Level 6 (Level 5 for the Art Institute) with an overall average of 75% will have the TOEFL or IELTS requirement waived and can be officially accepted to the degree program.
- Admission to the University Preparation Summer Program is by direct application to Drexel University International Admissions only. The University Preparation Summer Program is for students who receive an acceptance letter from Drexel University for Fall 2013.
- University Preparation (UPREP)is a 3-week summer orientation and preparation program designed to help students get ready for academic coursework and participate in activities that will prepare them for life at Drexel University.
- Drexel University Application and information is available on the Drexel Undergraduate Admissions website.
- Details about confirmation for students accepted to the University Preparation Summer Program for 2013 will be sent in April.