The English Language Center values diversity in our programs in order to better promote language learning. The ELC works to promote Drexel University's commitment to supporting, and sustaining a living and learning environment of diversity, equality, fairness, inclusion, and respect. To support language and nationality diversity, some spaces may remain available for underrepresented groups. If you have any questions about enrollment at the ELC, please
Some spaces remain available for Spring 2015 enrollment to support language and nationality diversity. If you are not sure if you qualify as an underrepresented group, please email email@example.com before applying.
For the Intensive English and Global Business English programs
- You must be at least 18 years old when your term of study begins.
- Test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) are not required for the Intensive English and Global Business English programs.
- Global Business English (GLOBE) participants may be required to show proof of university graduation.
- You must purchase health insurance from Drexel ELC during your studies.
- See International Gateway application requirements for undergraduate conditional admission to Drexel University and Drexel Graduate Bridge information for graduate conditional admission to Drexel University.
- Students interested in admission to university programs of study should send a translated copy of their high school or college transcripts with their ELC application.
You must use a credit card to apply online! Here is what to do:
- Complete the ELC online application and pay the $100 application fee and $60 express mail fee (if applicable).
- Send all your required documents to Drexel ELC so that we can process your application. Required documents include:
Apply by mail, email or fax
If you do not have a credit card, here is how to apply:
- Complete the ELC Application PDF form.
- Have the following documents to support your application:
- Bank statement or other financial guarantee document
- Copy of the bio page of your passport
- Choose your method of payment for $100 application fee and $60 express mail fee (if applicable):
- If you use a check, bank draft or money order, you must mail all your documents to Drexel ELC, 229N. 33rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 USA.
- If you pay through Western Union, you can send your documents by email scan to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 215.895.6775. Include a copy of your Western Union receipt.
How to apply for a student visa, pay your SEVIS fee, and what to do if your visa is denied.
Including frequently asked questions, how to make payments, travel and arrival information, the ELC orientation program, and health insurance.
Please note: Admission to Drexel ELC does not imply or guarantee admission to Drexel or any other university. However, Drexel ELC can provide information about Conditional Admission programs, including the Drexel International Gateway. Admission information for all Drexel University graduate and undergraduate programs, as well as resources for prospective students, is available on the Drexel website.