How to Apply to Drexel ELC Intensive English and Global Business English programs
- You must be at least 18 years old when your term of study begins.
- No transcripts or test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) are required for application to the Intensive English program.
- Global Business English (GLOBE) participants may be required to show proof of university graduation.
- You will be required to purchase health insurance from Drexel ELC during your studies.
- See separate International Gateway application requirements for undergraduate conditional admission to Drexel University.
Your Intensive English/Global Business English program application materials must include:
- A completed, signed ELC application form
- If you are transferring to Drexel ELC, you will need to fill out an I-20 Transfer Form (PDF) and give it to the International Student Advisor at your current school. We need to receive the completed form before we can issue an acceptance letter.
- A current, original bank statement in the name of the person who will finance your studies. See the Application Form for more information
- A copy of the bio page of your passport
- Required, non-refundable payments: (See Payment Instructions)
- Application fee ($100)
- Tuition deposit ($100)
- Express mail fee ($60)
Mail your application, original bank statement, and payments to:
Drexel ELC, 229 N. 33rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 USA
You can also send your application form and bank statement by fax (+215-895-6775) or email (email@example.com). However, your application cannot be processed until we receive your required payments. See the Payment Instructions for further information.
When should I apply?
We recommend that you apply as early as possible because enrollment can fill up quickly. However, we cannot issue I-20s more than 6 months before the start of a term. We issue most I-20s about 3-4 months before the start of the term.
How long will it take to receive an acceptance letter and I-20?
We will process your application and send your acceptance package and I-20 as soon as possible by DHL courier. We do not know how many days it will take to reach you because the time is different to different countries. Please check with the ELC about when your I-20 will be sent BEFORE you make a visa appointment!
How to defer your studies
You should defer your studies if …
- You do not have enough time to get a visa.
- You need to begin your studies at a later date.
- Your visa was denied and you want to reapply for a visa
Steps to defer your studies
- Return your original I-20.
- Make a payment of $110 using the payment instructions you received with your acceptance letter:
- Deferral fee of $75 for a new I-20
- Express mail fee of $60
- Tell us the new date when you want to begin your studies.
- We will issue you a new I-20 and send it to you by express mail.
- If you already paid your SEVIS fee, you do not have to pay it again as long as you re-apply within 12 months of your first denial.