Register for PR/Marketing Case Competition Sponsored by Comcast Business
April 3, 2014 — Communications and marketing students are invited to work together to solve a business case during the Comcast Business PR/Marketing Case Competition held May 9, 2014 in Gerri C. LeBow Hall. The competition is a great opportunity to showcase your skills, work on a practical case with your peers and present your ideas to a panel of esteemed judges. This team competition will require strategic thinking, ethical decision-making, strong leadership and presentation skills. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three teams.
Teams will analyze a business case prepared by competition sponsor Comcast Business and present their solutions to a panel of judges. (Learn more about analyzing a case.) The business case will be sent via email to every participant prior to the competition on April 30th. On May 9th, all teams will present their cases to the judging panel.
Unlike last year's competition, which required students to register in teams, students are asked to apply individually and will be placed on teams by competition organizers. The goal is to have four members on every team with at least one communication major and one marketing major. You must be a sophomore or older to participate. Participants will receive their team assignment on April 28th.
In addition to the cash prizes from Comcast Business, the winning team will have the opportunity to interview with the Comcast Business marketing team, and Marc Brownstein of the award-winning branding firm the Brownstein Group, for potential co-op placements.
- Participants must be Drexel undergraduate students in their sophomore year or older.
- All students will be emailed their case assignment on April 30th to begin work on their project.
- The presentation order will also be emailed. All presentations should be approximately 15 minutes long and will be followed by questions from the judging panel.
- Power points or other types of materials can be used to enhance the presentations. Remember to bring USB drives if you need to make copies for the judging panel.
- Dress in business attire.
The Comcast Business Case Competition is supported by LeBow College of Business Dornsife Office for Experiential Learning.
For questions, email email@example.com Leda Kopach or call 215.571.3554.