As Drexel has grown into one of the nation’s leading comprehensive universities, co-op has expanded with it. Our students co-op not only in traditional STEM and business fields, but also in nonprofit and cultural organizations, as researchers and entrepreneurs, and in countries around the world.
Today, every student can find placements that match their passions and goals. It also means that nearly 20 percent of students pursue opportunities that are not appropriately salaried, whether they’re:
- research positions,
- non-profit positions,
- or in high-cost-of-living cities.
Too many of our students make a difficult choice: the best co-op opportunity for their career or a less relevant but more affordable option.
Donor Investment in Co-op Makes the Choice Easy
Donor investment in co-op creates national, international, research and non-profit opportunities where industry funding doesn’t exist or is very limited.
By investing in co-op, you enable Drexel to provide compensation and living-expense stipends that unlock career-defining opportunities – for students of all backgrounds – in every industry and across the globe.
Gifts of Every Amount Have an Impact
Help students immediately.
Make a gift now.
Every gift to support the Drexel Co-op program helps a student get closer to their career goals by subsidizing salaries when employer funding is lacking, and by mitigating living and travel expenses.
- $50 covers the first day of a co-op stipend for 1 student
- $150 covers the first day of a co-op stipend for 3 students
- $250 covers a week's co-op stipend for 1 student
- $500 covers a week's co-op stipend for 2 students
- $1,000 covers the co-op stipend for 1 student for a full month
Create Career-Defining Opportunities: Establish a Co-op Fund
Naming opportunities are available at a range of levels, and may be University-wide or restricted to an individual school or college.
- $15,000: Fund a national, research or entrepreneurship co-op opportunity for at least one student for one year
- $25,000: Fund an international co-op opportunity for at least one student for one year
- $325,000: Endow a national or research co-op fund for at least one student per year in perpetuity
- $500,000: Endow an international co-op fund for at least one student per year in perpetuity
Contact a Drexel Institutional Advancement team member to learn about establishing a co-op fund at Drexel.
Celebrate the 100th anniversary of co-op by shaping an even brighter future for this quintessential Drexel program.