Gov. Wolf and Lt. Gov. Fetterman Launch a Streamlined Pardon Project for People with Marijuana Charges: Deadline to Apply Sept. 30th, 2022
September 1, 2022
Pennsylvania is starting a one-time, statewide pardon program for people with specific minor, non-violent marijuana convictions. Applying is free and entirely online. The program is time sensitive as the deadline to submit the application for a pardon is September 30th, 2022.
Lt. Gov. John Fetterman was quoted saying, “Nobody should be turned down for a job, housing, or volunteering at your child’s school because of some old, nonviolent weed charge — especially given that most of us don’t even think this should be illegal.”
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for a pardon for a minor, non-violent marijuana charge please visit the website set up by the state of Pennsylvania here: https://www.pa.gov/guides/mj-pardon/
Here is some information you will need to apply:
- Your Address
- Your Phone Number
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Offense Tracking Number(s)
- Your Docket Number(s)
Here are some important notes about eligibility for this pardon project:
- The conviction had to have taken place in Pennsylvania.
- There is no limit for the age of the conviction.
- People who have additional convictions on their record are not eligible. Though you can also apply for clemency through a separate program if you have other charges.
- Individuals are eligible if they have one of both of the following convictions in Pennsylvania:
- Possession of Marijuana (Title 35 Section 780-113 Subsection A31)
- Marijuana, Small Amount Personal Use (Title 35 Section 780-113 Subsection A31I)
- Applicants do not need to contact the Board of Pardons for updates on the status of the application and the Board of Pardons will contact applicants if anything else is needed.
- If an applicant receives a pardon, they will then need to apply for an expungement to fully clear their record.
- Once you have received a pardon through this program you can contact any one of the following organizations to receive an expungement:
For additional help you can email email@example.com