New Student Days is the official welcome week for new students entering Drexel in the fall term. New Student Days events allow students to build relationships with others who are in the same academic program and who live in their community.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Students who attended Summer Orientation in July and August may move-in to their fall housing assignment on Tuesday, Sept. 16; Wednesday, Sept. 17; or Thursday, Sept. 18.
Early move-in fees may apply.
You will receive an email from University Housing with move-in instructions in mid-August. Please sign up for a move-in date using the information in that email.
Visit the University Housing website for more information about move-in.
Commuter students are encouraged to attend Commuter Connection Day on Thursday, Sept. 18 and the Commuter Town Hall Meeting on Friday, Sept. 19. Both programs are designed to help transition undergraduate, first year commuter students to campus and engage you in the Drexel community.
Visit the Commuter Connection Day website for more information.
Yes, while most New Student Days events are optional, there are several events that all new students must attend. Most mandatory events occur on Friday, Sept. 19. Mandatory events are outlined below:
- Residence Hall Floor Meetings (8 p.m. on the day you move-in).
- College/School Welcome Events (various dates & times depending on your college)
- Public Safety Information Sessions (Friday, Sept. 19)
- New Student Induction Ceremony (Friday, Sept. 19)
Other than receptions hosted by a few colleges and schools, most parents and families help their student get moved in to the residence hall and leave them to participate in the events scheduled that day.
Shuttles to local grocery and home goods stores are scheduled throughout New Student Days, so take advantage of this service to pick up any last minute items.
Only a few meals are provided during New Student Days. Please make arrangements to purchase food on your own when you arrive on campus.
New Student Days
The following events include catered, buffet-style meals and are open to all new students (student ID is required).
- Dinner on Monday, Sept. 15 - Drexel Welcomes You BBQ
- Dinner on Friday, Sept. 19 - University Cookout
Campus Dining Plans
New students with fall dining plans may begin to use Dining Dollars and DragonDollars on Monday, Sept. 15. However, meal plans in the dining center are not activated until Thursday, Sept. 18.
Additional meals are provided to new students registered for the following programs:
Fall Orientation (wrist band required)
- Dinner on Tuesday, Sept. 16
- Breakfast on Wednesday, Sept. 17
- Lunch on Wednesday, Sept. 17
LeBow College of Business New Student Days (name tag required)
- Lunch on Wednesday, Sept. 17 - Dean's Welcome
- Dinner on Thursday, Sept. 18 - Pizza and Teambuilding with Peer Leaders
- Lunch on Friday, Sept. 19 - Awkward Picnic
Commuter Connection Day (meal pass required)
- Continental Breakfast on Thursday, Sept. 18
- Lunch on Thursday, Sept. 18
Honors Student Orientation (name tag required)
- Honors students will be provided with some meals during Honors Student Orientation, however there may be occasions in which you are responsible for your own meals.
New Student Days Schedule
The 2014 New Student Days schedule is still being finalized. Below is an outline of the events to give you an idea of what to expect:
- Residence Hall Move-In: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 16 - Thursday, Sept. 18
- Hypnotist, Brian Imbus: 9 - 11 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 17
- Commuter Connection Day: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 18
- Night on the Row Block Party: 9 - 11 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 18
- College/School Welcome Events: TBA
- New Student Induction Ceremony: 4 - 5 p.m., Friday, Sept. 19
- Experience Philadelphia!: Saturday, Sept. 20
- Class Schedule Tours: 1 - 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 21
- Movie on the Lawn: dusk, Sunday, Sept. 21
Hillel's Early Move-In Program: Jewniversity 101 (September 16-18)
Jewniversity 101 offers a unique opportunity for students interested in learning about, and getting involved in Jewish life at Drexel to build relationships with other new and returning students all while getting to know Drexel's campus and the city of Philadelphia. For more information and to register please visit the Jewniversity website: drexelhillel.org/jewniversity
First Day of Classes: Monday, Sept. 22
Welcome Back Week events continue throughout week 1 of the fall term, including Activities Unlimited (Wednesday, April 2), Drexel Night at Citizen's Bank Park (Friday, Sep. 26), and Campus Philly College Day (Saturday, Sep. 27).
The academic calendar includes all academic deadlines, University holidays, and exam weeks so you can make travel and holiday plans throughout the year.
Office of New Student and Family Programs
Orientation Hotline: 215.895.1451