Drexel Guest Wireless Network
The Drexel Guest Network is for the convenience of visitors and guests. The Guest Network offers basic web browsing and is limited to services that are publicly available.
The Drexel Guest Network provides the following:
- Basic internet access for your wireless computer or device
- Safe access through OpenDNS to protect you from many forms of attack including malware, botnets and phishing.
- VPN Access
University Community Members Should Connect to DragonFly3
DragonFly3 is the University's preferred wireless network available to students, faculty, and staff with a current University User ID. DragonFly3 offers greater bandwidth, fewer restrictions, and relief from some radio interference. DragonFly3 is available for Windows, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad, iPod and many other computers and smartphones. Community members may follow the instructions to connect to DragonFly3.
How To Connect
- Choose the Drexel Guest network from the available wireless networks.
- Open a browser and attempt to access a web site, you should be directed to the Drexel Guest login page.
- Follow the instructions, providing your email address to login to the guest network.
Drexel Guest Restrictions:
- Access is controlled by OpenDNS
- Drexel Guest network is not part of the official Drexel network, you will not have access to any service that requires the Drexel domain such as the Software Download website.
- Guest network users will be required to authenticate each time they connect and after 8 hours of continuous use.
- Bandwidth restrictions: 3mb download / 1mb upload
All outgoing ports are blocked except:
- TCP 80, 443, 8000, 8080
- UDP 67, 4500, 1701, 500, 68 to OpenDNS only
Sponsored User Accounts
The guest network meets the needs of most visitors and groups. For circumstances where you believe the drexel guest access will not suit your needs, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org to request a short-term sponsored user account for your visitors.
Note: Long term visitors should consider applying for a drexel account, the guest network is not intended for long-term or extended use.