How to Apply
Click Here to Download the Dornsife Scholar Application
Ready to apply? Here’s how in 4 simple steps.
Review all background information about the Dornsife Global Development Scholars program, which can be found in the program description. Identify project areas to which you would like to apply keeping in mind the requirement that they must be related to international development around water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), and your personal experiences. Be sure to note, Dornsife Scholar placements will be in rural parts of sub-Saharan Africa.
Complete the Dornsife Global Development Scholars application by providing a response to all fields. Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: FirstnameLastname_DGDSapp (e.g. IdrisRobinson_DGDSapp.pdf).
Prepare the remaining supplemental application materials:
- Statement of Purpose: One-page statement of interest that describes (1) unique contributions you can make to World Vision in the WASH sector given your skills and interests, (2) prior experiences working in diverse communities, and (3) specific ways working with World Vision WASH initiatives relate to your future career goals. Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: “FirstnameLastname_SOP” (e.g. IdrisRobinson _SOP.pdf).
- Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts from current or most recent institution, or Fall 2016 term grades. Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: “FirstnameLastname_Trans” (e.g. IdrisRobinson _Trans.pdf).
- Resume/Curriculum vitae (CV): CVs should be a maximum of 2 pages. Save the file type as a PDF with the following title: “FirstnameLastname_CV” (e.g. IdrisRobinson _CV.pdf).
Applications are due by November 11, 2016. It is your responsibility to ensure that your submission contains a complete application and all of the necessary components. Although applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, priority will be given to applications received on or before November 11, 2016. Completed applications can be submitted by email, fax, mail, or dropped off to Idris Robinson using the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 267.359.6226
- Mail/Drop off: 3215 Market Street, Nesbitt Hall Room 732, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
Completing the Dornsife Global Development Scholars application process does not guarantee an international experience. In order to meet university requirements for co-op credit or international research, students must also abide by the application and registration requirements of Steinbright Career Development Center (for co-op), and the Study Abroad international experience process (all others).
For more information, please contact Idris Robinson at email@example.com.