Anne-Marie Obajtek-Kirkwood, PhD
Associate Professor of French
Office: Language and Communication Center 212B
- CAPES Anglais, Ministère de l'Education nationale, France
- MA, Elizabethan & Jacobean Comedy, Université de Lille III Charles de Gaulle, France
- PhD, 20th Century French Literature, University of Pennsylvania, 1992
Research and Teaching Interests
- French and Francophone 20th and 21st century literature, culture and film
- Representations of the Occupation (WWII)
- Minorities in France
- Feminist issues
Anne-Marie Obajtek-Kirkwood's teaching and research center around societal, feminist and human rights issues in France and the Francophone world but also in Arab countries and Iran. She explores these through current events and through literature and film. War is also on her research agenda. Obajtek-Kirkwood is now working on a manuscript dealing with Patrick Modiano's first three novels describing the German Occupation of France during WWII.
- Le Monde on a 'likely' Iraq War. In The 33rd, An Anthology. College of Arts and Sciences, Drexel University, August 2010.
- Anne-Marie Obajtek-Kirkwood, Ernest Hakanen, eds. Signs of War. From Patriotism to Dissent. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.
- Diverses voix sur le 11 septembre : celles de Vinaver et Lang, Romance Studies, Vol. 28, No. 3, 201-213, July 2010.
- Yvonne Baby : Ma mère et le ciel, très vite ou vies et morts d’une mère dans le siècle" Dalhousie French Studies, (77), 77-85, Winter 2007.
- D'une histoire d'amour l'autre: copié collé chez Marguerite Duras et Sophie Calle». Contemporary French and Francophone Studies 10.4. Verbal, Visual, Virtual, December 2006. 437-445, December 2006.