MS in Information Systems
If you are:
- An ambitious professional who would like an education in the latest innovative methods in data analysis and information systems;
- A business manager who wants to increase their technical understanding and competency;
- A career-changer, who wants an in-depth introduction to information technology development;
- An IT professional with strong technical skills who wants to deepen your understanding of information technology and systems;
- Interested in an IT-related degree, but want to study in your own time and place.
If you want to specialize in:
Software and systems development, such as organizational information system design, requirements analysis, software project management, modern systems development and implementation.
- Data analytics and knowledge management, such as organizational data management and analysis, data mining, natural language processing, intelligent systems and competitive intelligence.
- Human-centered computing, such as human-computer interaction, user-experience design, social computing, collaboration systems and online community support.
The MS in Information Systems (MSIS) offers:
An interdisciplinary program that prepares students with both the domain knowledge and practical competencies to compete in the ever-changing technical landscape of information system business requirements, software design and management, data-oriented informatics, and user experience design. The MSIS degree aims to develop professionals who are able to understand, adapt, and develop new software and web systems. Specialized courses focus on information and data analysis techniques to meet firms’ business intelligence needs, and on the user experience in human-computer interaction to guide the design of interactive systems.
The program is designed for students with backgrounds in any area, for example those with an MBA who wish to specialize or launch new careers in information systems. While providing a broad orientation for non-technical students, the degree includes advanced courses for those with a background in computer engineering, computer science, software engineering or other related technical fields, who wish to refresh and update their technical knowledge.
Preparing Software, Systems, and Information Professionals
- Courses integrate the business, organizational, and technical aspects of information systems for a complete understanding of the integration of organizations, data science, systems engineering and human-computer interaction
- The degree incorporates a principled approach to the analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, assessment and enhancement of organizational and online community information systems
- Curriculum designed for those students with no prior background in Information Systems, or those who wish to refresh and update their technical design and analysis skills
- Recently revised to meet students' career and educational goals
- Practicum gives MSIS students the opportunity to gain experience within the field and use their new knowledge before graduation
- Students may complete their degree on campus and/or online
MSIS Course Requirements & Descriptions
Please visit Drexel's Graduate Catalog for course requirements, a sample plan of study, and course descriptions (to see course descriptions, please click on the course number under "Degree Requirements"). To find out when courses are offered, please visit Drexel's Term Master Schedule.