MS in Information Systems
Drexel’s Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) program is an interdisciplinary program that prepares students with both the domain knowledge and practical competencies to compete in the ever-changing technical landscape of information system business requirements, software design and management, data-oriented informatics and user experience design. The MSIS program is ideal for those who would like to specialize in software and systems development, data analytics and knowledge management, and/or human-centered computing.
The program is designed for students with no prior background in information systems who would like an education in the latest innovative methods in data analysis and information systems, or those with knowledge of information systems who wish to refresh and update their technical design and analysis skills. The MSIS degree aims to develop professionals who are able to understand, adapt and develop new software and Web systems. Graduates hold positions such as Computer Specialist, Principal Planner for Data Management, User Experience Designer, Manager of MIS Systems, Information Systems Manager and Senior Systems Analyst.
- Recently revised curriculum to meet students' needs and career goals
- Courses integrate the business, organizational and technical aspects of information systems for a complete understanding of the integration of organizations, data science, systems engineering and human-computer interaction
- Specialized courses focus on information and data analysis techniques to meet firms’ business intelligence needs; on the user experience in human-computer interaction to guide the design of interactive systems; and the creation and management of databases, interfaces and information systems that connect users with the information they seek
- Incorporates a principled approach to the analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, assessment and enhancement of organizational and online community information systems
- Practicum gives MSIS students the opportunity to gain experience within the field and use their new knowledge before graduation
- Students have the option to pursue a dual degree program combining the MSIS with any other CCI graduate program
- On Campus
Graduate Co-Op Program Available
Cooperative education at Drexel is now available for the MS in Information Systems degree program. Graduate Co-op enables graduate students to alternate class terms with a six-month period of hands-on experience, gaining access to employers in their chosen industries.
Learn more at drexel.edu/scdc/co-op/graduate
MSIS Course Requirements & Descriptions
Please visit Drexel's Graduate Catalog for course requirements, a sample plan of study, and course descriptions (to see course descriptions, please click on the course number under "Degree Requirements"). To find out when courses are offered, please visit Drexel's Term Master Schedule.