MS in Computer Science
Drexel’s Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) program offers a multidisciplinary and in-depth understanding of the core and advanced topics in the rapidly growing and exciting field of computer science, while placing equal emphasis on theory and practice to prepare students for top professional positions. MSCS graduates become practicing computational scientists, computer specialists or software engineers in business, industry or government.
- Provides an in-depth advanced material, and a range of courses in the research areas of the faculty, including: applied algorithms and data structures, artificial intelligence and intelligent systems, high-performance computing, and networking and security, among others
- Prepares students to perform cutting edge research and become practicing computer scientists or software engineers in business, industry or government
- Students have the option to pursue a dual degree program combining the MSCS with any other CCI graduate degree program
- A thesis option is available to prepare students for doctoral studies (see Drexel's PhD in Computer Science) or other research-oriented career paths
- Students who do not meet the requirements of the master's program are encouraged to apply to the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computer Science, which prepares you for the MS in Computer Science
- On Campus
Graduate Co-op Program
Cooperative education at Drexel is now available for the MS in Computer Science program. Graduate Co-op enables graduate students to alternate class terms with a six-month period of hands-on experience, gaining access to employers in their chosen industries.
Learn more at drexel.edu/scdc/co-op/graduate
MSCS Course Requirements & Descriptions
Please visit Drexel's Graduate Catalog for course requirements and to view a sample plan of study, course descriptions, and the list of approved electives for this program (to see course descriptions, please click on the course number under "Degree Requirements"). To find out when courses are offered, please visit Drexel's Term Master Schedule.