Tax Prep Software
Payments made to a nonresident alien must be reported to the IRS. This is done annually for nonresident aliens who received one or all of the following:
- Independent compensation (e.g. honoraria, speaker fees, consulting)
- Dependent compensation (e.g. salary and wages)
- Non-qualified fellowship/scholarship payments
By the end of February, the Office of Tax Compliance will mail your Form 1042-S or make it available electronically through GLACIER™ (according to the method that you selected in GLACIER™).
The Drexel Office of Tax Compliance is not permitted to provide tax advice or tax services. If you are in need of tax advice, please consult a tax professional.
GLACIER™ Tax Prep Software
The Office of Tax Compliance has purchased licenses for a software program to assist nonresident alien employees, speakers and international students to prepare their tax returns. GLACIER™ Tax Prep (GTP) is a product by Arctic International, LLC™. You can use your GLACIER™ user ID and password to access the program.
- Visit the GLACIER™ Tax Prep website for a presentation on how to use the software.
- To access GLACIER™ Tax Prep, first log in to your GLACIER™ account.
- From the main menu screen, selection the option to, "Complete my U.S. tax return using GLACIER Tax Prep."
- You will be asked to verify some basic information from your GLACIER account so that the data can be transferred to the GLACIER™ Tax Prep software.
- Select "Yes" and the data will be pre-populated.
- Review and update the information on the following screen and then select "Next."
- Check the box indicating that you understand that GLACIER™ Tax Prep will not file your income tax return electronically.
- Select "Continue to GTP."
- You will have access to prepare and print your federal income tax return. If you have used GLACIER™ Tax Prep previously, you will have access to view and print prior year returns.
GLACIER™ Tax Prep provides a FAQ and Help link on each screen in order to answer issues or questions that may arise. These can be found at the top right of the screen. GLACIER™ support staff will respond to any questions submitted through the Help screen.
- Information regarding where to file a State Tax Return.
- Access to GLACIER™ Tax Prep's Frequently Asked Questions and GTP Support.
- Blank tax forms from prior years starting with 2006.
GLACIER™ Tax Prep only prepares nonresident alien federal income tax returns. If you are in need of tax advice, please contact a tax professional. The Drexel Office of Tax Compliance is not permitted to provide tax advice or tax services.