Drexel To Participate in SEPTA Key Advantage Pilot Program
March 22, 2022
We are pleased to announce that Drexel University and SEPTA are collaborating on a six-month pilot program that will provide our full-time faculty and professional staff with full, no-cost access to all SEPTA transit services. Under this pilot program, known as SEPTA Key Advantage, employees can ride on SEPTA transit for work and personal use – saving them both traffic hassles and increased commuting expenses.
As one of the largest private employers in the region, Drexel is proud to be one of the first three organizations – along with Penn Medicine and Wawa – to partner with SEPTA on this groundbreaking program to provide additional support to employees who choose to take public transit. Participation in this program, which has proved successful in other cities, aligns with Drexel’s ongoing commitment to reduce the University’s carbon footprint in the fight against climate change.
The pilot program begins May 1 and extends through October 31, 2022. SEPTA Key Advantage works like the Key Card Anywhere TrailPass, which is valid for travel on all SEPTA services, including Regional Rail, buses, subways, trolleys and the Norristown High Speed Line. New or existing SEPTA Key cards can be used as your SEPTA Key Advantage Pass. For complete details on eligibility and how to obtain and use your card, please review the SEPTA Key Advantage FAQs and How-to User Guide [PDF].
If you are currently participating in the Commuter Program and loading money from your flexible spending card to your SEPTA Key card, you will want to stop participating in that benefit in order to join this no-cost program starting May 1.
The SEPTA Key Advantage FAQs [PDF] have instructions on how to stop your commuter election for May 1, confirm your participation, register your card, and other important details.
How Do I Get a Key Card
If you do not already have a Key Card, there are three ways to obtain one:
- Drexel Tabling Events: You can obtain a card and/or get help with registration at one of the following in-person tabling events SEPTA and Drexel Human Resources will host on all Drexel campuses.
- March 23, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: University City, Creese Student Center (3210 Chestnut Street), Behrakis Grand Hall
The remaining tabling events will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the following days and locations:
- March 28: University City, Main Building, Great Court
- March 30: University City, Nesbitt Hall, Chapman Court
- April 1: University City, Main Building, Great Court
- April 5: Center City, Academy of Natural Sciences, The Commons
- April 7: Queen Lane, Atrium
- Human Resources Office: You may pick up a SEPTA Key Card at the Human Resources office in University City (3201 Arch Street, Suite 430) beginning March 23 during regular office hours, which are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Computers will be available for you to register your card on the SEPTA website and confirm your Card Reference ID in the My Drexel Benefits portal, if you wish to do so there.
- SEPTA Key Card Location: You may also purchase a card at any Key Card Buy/Load Location, at a cost of $4.95. If you register your card within 30 days of purchase, the $4.95 fee will automatically be applied to the Card Travel Wallet for future use.
We recognize that these past two years have been particularly challenging and stressful for everyone, and we appreciate all your hard work and dedication to Drexel University. For more information on how to take advantage of this pilot program, please visit the Drexel Benefits Overview page, come to a tabling event, or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to sharing more information in the coming weeks.
Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer