Performing Arts Scholarships
Performing Arts Scholarships
We invite you to audition for one of our scholarship awards. Performance scholarships are available to students in any major, not just Department of Performing Arts' majors. Many auditions are held during Accepted Students Days which will be on April 11, 12, 18 & 19, 2015,. You should check below for specific information for each performance area. If you are unable to attend one of these audition dates, individual audition times can usually be arranged for theatre and with each ensemble director in music. To submit a video dance audition please contact email@example.com. The cutoff date for scholarship auditions for the 2015-2016 academic year is April 19, 2015.
GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
- Freshmen (and seniors) need to be enrolled in the associated ensemble for the fall, winter, and spring terms. Sophomores-Juniors must enroll for all terms specified in their ensemble scholarship contract.
- Scholarships are not automatically renewed. Students must re-apply, and in many cases, reaudition each year.
- The student must be enrolled full time at Drexel (at least 12 credits per term).
- Directors choose scholarship recipients based on ability, ensemble needs, and overall commitment to the ensemble.
- Students must be able to attend all rehearsals and participate in all concerts/shows.
SPECIFIC AUDITION INFORMATION
- When: April 11, 12, 18 & 19, 2015; Audition time and place: 2:00 – 3:30 pm- in the Ellen Forman Memorial Dance Studio
- Details: Interested applicants will participate in a dance class for their audition. The audition will include both ballet and modern dance techniques. Applicants should come prepared to dance in both a soft ballet shoe and barefoot. You do not need to prepare choreography for the audition.
- How: Interested students must call or email Dr. Miriam Giguere, Dance Program Director at 215- 895-4914 firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a space for the audition or for additional information.
- When: Scholarship auditions will generally be held on Accepted Students Days on April 11, 12, 18 & 19, 2015. Individual ensemble directors' availability will vary. Interested students should contact the specific director for their schedule. All scholarship auditions must be completed by April 19, 2015.
- Details: Audition requirements vary for each individual ensemble and director.
- How: Interested students must email ensemble directors to acquire information on requirements and scheduling:
- University Chrous: Dr. Steven Powell, or call (215) 895-4912
- For additional information about choral scholarships,click here.
- Concert & Pep Bands: Dr. Wesley Broadnax, or (215) 895-6214
- Jazz Orchestra: Dr. George Starks, or call (215) 895-1732
- University Orchestra: Ms. Rosalind Erwin
- (string players only - brass, winds, and percussionist must be in Concert Band)
- Percussion Ensemble: Mr. Mark Beecher
- Guitar Ensemble: Mr. Joe Napoli
Additional information about music ensembles:
- When: April 11, 12, 18 & 19, 2015.
- Details: : Each year the theatre faculty awards a limited number of performance, administrative and technical scholarships to highly motivated and dedicated students to work in the Theatre Program. Scholarships are awarded to students on their ability and level of commitment to the theater program productions. The theater program at Drexel is run as if it was a professional theater company and the scholarship students are the members of the ensemble. That means that members play a leadership role on each of the three Mainstage or three intimate studio productions. Scholarships are based on an evaluation of students' work and an interview with theater faculty during accepted student days.
- Performance Scholarships: Theater auditions will be held on April 11, 12, 18 & 19 from 2:00 to 5:00 pm, by appointment. For more information on theater scholarship opportunities, auditions, and the theater program at Drexel University please contact Nick Anselmo, Theater Program Director at email@example.com or (215) 895-1920.
- Technical Scholarships: For more information on technical scholarship opportunities please contact Paul Jerue firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 571-4243.
For general inquiries or questions, please contact the Department of Performing Arts at 215-895-2451 or email@example.com.
For Financial Aid questions, please visit Drexel Central at drexel.edu/drexelcentral
We would like to know more about your performing background. Please click on this link for a contact form that will enable you to tell us of your performance experience.