Films on Design
October 8, 2009 —
The Graphic Design program will screen two films spotlighting visual design and photography on October 8th as part of Design Philadelphia's week long celebration of all things design. Milton Glaser: To Inform and Delight is a documentary about iconic graphic designer Milton Glaser. From the "I Love New York' campaign to founding New York Magazine to designing posters for Bob Dylan, Glaser created astonishing interior spaces, logos, brand identities, prints, drawings and paintings. Visual Acoustics: The Modernism of Julius Shulman, narrated by Dustin Hoffman, is the second film of the evening. This documentary explores the career of architectural photographer Julius Shulman, featuring his photographs and interviews with architect Frank Gehry, designer Tom Ford and artist Ed Ruscha. The film recently won the Mercedes-Benz Audience Award for Best Documentary at the Palm Springs International Film Festival. The screenings begin at 6 PM at the Bossone Auditorium with an intermission between films.
- Design Philadelphia Double Feature
- Thursday, October 8
- 6:00 PM - 7:15 PM: Milton Glaser: To Inform and Delight
- 7:45 PM - 9: 15 PM: Visual Acoustics: The Modernism of Julius Shulman
- Bossone Auditorium, 3128 Market St.
- Free and open to the public
- For more information, call 215-895-1029 or visit Design Philadelphia's website