October 16, 2008 —
Prima Philadelphia dance photographers JJ Tiziou, Bill Herbert, Bob Emmott, Gabriel Bienczycki and Deborah Boardman will review their kinetic work in Capturing Movement: The Art of Dance Photography on October 16th at the Mandell Theater. Bill Herber has shot photos of dance companies FloMotion, Illadelph Legends of Hip Hop, BalletX and the Koresh Dance Company. Bob Emmott has collaborated with Jeanne Ruddy Dance on Breathless, which incorporated his images into the production design. JJ Tiziou has been photographing the Philadelphia Fringe Festival since 2003. Gabriel Bienczycki recently worked with Seattle Dance Project on Project Orpheus and Project One, and Deborah Boardman has been photographing the dancers of the Pennsylvania Ballet and the Metropolitan Dance Academy for 24 years.
- Capturing Movement: The Art of Dance Photography
- Thursday, October 16, 7 PM
- Mandell Theater (33rd and Chestnut St.)
- Free and open to the public
- For more information click here or email Miriam Giguere at firstname.lastname@example.org.