Winter Music Festival
March 6, 2008 —
From March 7-16th, the best of all music worlds come together in the Winter Music Festival, a week-long concert series featuring performances by Drexel's numerous vocal and instrumental ensembles. Each ensemble is composed of students drawn from across all Drexel's schools and colleges.
Drexel's Concert Band performs music that 'moves' us - physically and emotionally - from the irresistible rhythms of a jazz conga to the tragic music of Reed's Othello. Relive your favorite movie moments with the String Ensemble's 'Night at the Movies' concert, featuring work by Richard Rodgers, of Rodgers and Hammerstein fame, and John Williams, composer for films such as Memoirs of Geisha and the Star Wars trilogy. Hear familiar tunes in new arrangements: a Beatles' Medley by the Keyboard Ensemble, and 'Secret Agent Man' by the Guitar Ensemble. Join the Fusion Band, Percussion and Mediterranean Ensembles for an eclectic selection of tunes.
- These concerts have no admission charge and are open to the public.
- Fri. March 7, String Ensemble, 7:30 PM Mandell Theater
- Sun. March 9, Concert Band, 7:00 PM Mandell Theater
- Tues. March 11, Fusion Band, 7:30 PM Mandell Theater
- Wed. March 12, Mediterranean & Percussion, 8:00 PM Mandell Theater
- Fri. March 14, Keyboard Ensemble, 7:30 PM Mandell Theater