What Price Media Consolidation?
September 28, 2005 —
- Wednesday, September 28 @ 2pm
- Drexel University, Mandell Theater
- 33rd & Chestnut Streets, Philadelphia, PA
A symposium on the impact of media consolidation on the film, television, radio, internet and music businesses. Changes in the business and regulatory environments have led to a media and entertainment industry dominated by a very small number of huge companies. These industry consolidations impact what we see on TV, in movie theatres, what music we listen to, and the future of the internet.
Speakers currently include (speaker list is subject to change):
- FCC Commissioner Michael Copps
- President & CEO of Common Cause Chellie Pingree
- President & CEO of the Media Access Project Andrew Jay Schwartzman
- CEO of Air America Radio Danny Goldberg
- Independent Media Consultant Alyce Myatt
- Screenwriter (Ali and Remember the Titans) Gregory Allen Howard
- Director, Writer (The Blair Witch Project and The Strand) Daniel Myrick
- Senior Director for Public Policy for Consumers Union Gene Kimmelman
While the event is free, space is limited. Reserve your seat(s) now by phone 215.895.0352 or email email@example.com.
- Drexel University's Kal & Lucille Rudman Institute for Entertainment Industry Studies
- National Alliance for Media Arts and Culture (NAMAC)
- The Center for Creative Voices in Media
- Drexel University's LeBow College of Business
The symposium will be webcast at the following link: www.lebow.drexel.edu/webcasts