Television Management Students Conduct Panel on Global Media
February 19, 2008
CNN's Jim Clancy to deliver keynote address at Global Challenges Conference
Graduate students in the Television Management program will lead a panel on Global Media as part of the Student Conference on Global Challenges 2008: Responsibility and Empowerment on February 29th. Drexel's Office of International Programs sponsors the event.
The one-day conference will examine such global issues as health, justice and human rights, business trends, technology and media through a series of workshops and panels. The keynote speech will be delivered by Jim Clancy, International Anchor with CNN.
Kingsley C. Onwuemenyi of Nigeria, a Television Management graduate student, will moderate a panel that will focus on the impact of global media and news programming on the international flow of information. Close attention will be paid to news coverage of the Middle East by such international news organizations as CNN and Al Jazeera.
Faculty participants will include Dr. Mary Ebeling, Assistant Professor of Culture and Communication, and Albert Tedesco, Director of the Paul F. Harron Graduate Program in Television Management.
- Student Conference on Global Challenges 2008: Responsibility and Empowerment
- Friday, February 29th, 8:30am - 4:30pm
- (View entire schedule: www.drexel.edu/oip)
- Keynote speaker: Jim Clancy, CNN at 3pm
- Edmund Bossone Research Enterprise Center (32nd and Market Sts.)
- Breakfast and lunch served
- FREE and Open to the Public
- For info and registration: www.drexel.edu/oip or 215.895.2473