New Paradise Laboratories Presents Batch in Mandell Theater
October 26, 2006
The Department of Performing Arts welcomes the groundbreaking and award-winning theater company New Paradise Laboratories as the Mandell Professionals in Residence (MPiRP). MPiRP brings both renowned and emerging artists to Drexel University to work with students and faculty. Named Best New Theater Company by Philadelphia Magazine, New Paradise Laboratories production of PLAYTIME has been commissioned by the Humana Festival of New American Plays. The Humana Festival is regarded as Americas preeminent showcase of professional stage premieres.
New Paradise Laboratories will present a work-in-progress performance of Batch: An American Bachelor/ette Party in Six Rounds exploring the American Bachelor/Bachelorette party phenomenon. Set in a boxing ring, Batch will look at marriage as a cultural institution undergoing constant re-evaluation in modern American life. This work-in-progress production of BATCH: AN AMERICAN BACHELOR/BACHELORETTE PARTY IN SIX ROUNDS is made possible in part by grants from the Samuel P. Mandell Foundation, National Endowment for the Arts, and the Philadelphia Theatre Initiative, a program of the Philadelphia Center for Arts and Heritage, funded by The Pew Charitable Trusts and administered by The University of the Arts.
If you missed last weekends sold out performances by the Drexel Players: 5 Students Shows (written and directed by Drexel students), the Department of Performing Arts still has plenty of great stuff for you!
- Mandell Professionals in Residence Project (MPiRP), New Paradise Laboratories work-in-progress performance of Batch: An American Bachelor/ette Party in Six Rounds
- Showtimes: October 18th and 19th at 7:00PM (October 18th DRESS REHEARSAL OPEN to ALL Drexel Students); October 20th and 21st at 8pm
- Tickets: $10 for general public/$5 for ALL students and Drexel community (with valid Drexel ID).
- Each performance will be followed by a talk-back with members of New Paradise Laboratories.
- For information: 215-923-0334 / www.newparadiselaboratories.org
- For information about MPiRP: Nick Anselmo, 215-895-1920