Office of Veteran Student Services
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - John F. Kennedy
Drexel University is the choice of over 800 student-veterans and military dependents. The Office of Veteran Student Services coordinates a campus-wide effort to ensure that student-veterans and military dependents are able to access high-quality campus services with ease; our goal is to create a truly military-friendly campus community through our welcoming and informative approach.
Interested in attending Drexel? Learn more about how to apply. To learn about the educational benefits offered to veterans, visit Drexel Central. If you're looking to get involved or learn more about the Office of Veteran Student Services, contact us.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Providing information relating to admissions, academics, financing, Yellow Ribbon benefits, counseling and health, and disability resources.
- Planning networking opportunities and social activities for student-veterans and military students.
- Organizing service and philanthropic events to engage student-veterans, military students and their families in giving back to their community.
- Organizing campus-wide events to celebrate service, such as the Memorial Day Primer and our Veterans Day Tribute.
- Onboarding and orienting student-veterans and military students.
- Overseeing the Veteran's Lounge for student-veterans.
- Providing career education opportunities and a course for veterans in transition from military to civilian careers.
Our current military friendly community includes the following:
- Drexel Veterans Association (DVA) – Student-veteran organization
- Drexel Veterans Alumni Network (DVAN) – Alumni veteran organization (Alumni Relations)
- Drexel Veterans Advising Council (DVAC) – Representatives from all colleges/schools
- Drexel Veteran Colleague Resource Group (DVCRG) – Employee veterans (Office of Equality and Diversity)
- Drexel Dependents (DD) – Student organization for military dependents
- Drexel Veterans Task Force – Represented by key departments on campus that impact student success
View Departments Participating in the Veterans Task Force
Academic Advising: CNHP, CoAS, Co, Online CoAS, and Goodwin MTP
- Admissions: Transfer and Graduate
- Alumni Relations
- Army ROTC
- Center for Learning and Academic Success Services (CLASS)
- Drexel Business Services
- Drexel Central: Certifying Officer
- Drexel Online
- Drexel Veterans Association Advisor
- Enrollment Management and Student Success Communications
- Faculty: Accounting, Civil Engineering, and Nursing
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Graduate College
- Health Insurance and Immunizations
- Human Resources
- Institutional Research
- Kline School of Law
- Lindy Center
- Office of Disability Resources
- Office of Equality and Diversity
- Office of Government Relations
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Registrar
- Office of Scholar Development
- Office of Veteran Student Services
- Spiritual Life
- Student Life
- Steinbright Career Development Center
- Veteran Colleague Resource Group
- Veteran Advising Council