About Student Leadership Development
Student Leadership Development educates, engages, and empowers Drexel students to be leaders in academic, co-op and professional, and community settings by seeking to:
- Deepen students' understanding of their leadership identity by exploring values, strengths, and character.
- Prepare students to be socially responsible leaders who demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, the ability to empower others, and an openness to creating change.
- Provide meaningful opportunities for students to engage in the development, planning, and facilitation of programs.
- Collaborate with campus and community partners to offer intentional and diverse leadership experiences and perspectives.
- Leadership is learned through experience, practice, and reflection.
- Leadership isn't about the position you are in. Rather it is a process and a way of being, acting, feeling, and thinking. Therefore anyone can engage in leadership.
- Those in leadership positions have a responsibility to use authority appropriately and seek opportunities to empower others and work toward creating positive change.
- Leadership is ethical, inclusive, collaborative, and purposeful.
Assistant Director of Campus Engagement
215 Creese Student Center
Danielle began working at Drexel in June 2015 and primarily oversees Leadership Initiatives and Programs within Campus Engagement. Danielle is a graduate of the University of Arizona where she completed the Blue Chip Leadership Program, a nationally recognized four-year curricular leadership experience in addition to being involved in several on-campus organizations. She received her Masters degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs from the University of Connecticut. While at UConn she served as the Graduate Assistant for Leadership programming where she coordinated cross discipline leadership programs focused on both personal and organizational leadership development. Between her undergraduate and graduate careers, Danielle spent four years working in the marketing department at Questex Media, a global publication and tradeshow company in New York City. Danielle is committed to providing leadership experiences for all Drexel students to further their leadership capacity in the classroom, on co-op and beyond.