International Students and Scholars Services
Where the World Meets Drexel
The Office of International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS) offers a vast array of programs and services to international students, scholars, and faculty representing 117 countries. The ISSS staff works to promote meaningful interaction between United States Citizens and nationals of other countries by organizing cultural enriching opportunities for all members of the Drexel community. ISSS staff advises international students, scholars and faculty on immigration, cultural, financial, academic and personal concerns.
For any questions, service requests or appointments, please email email@example.com.
International Students and Scholars Services office is currently closed, observing the Winter break (from Wednesday December 23, 2015 at 5 p.m. until Monday, January 4, 2016).
Normal business hours will resume on Monday, January 4, 2016, at 8 a.m. If you are experiencing a true emergency please email firstname.lastname@example.org, this email account will be monitored for emergencies.
Please do not contact the office via phone and leave voice messages, as no one can attend to your messages. Also, please do not expect any replies to non-emergency email messages during this time.
- If you are contacting us about your travel signature, please check the signature page of your I-20 or the front page of your DS-2019.
- I-20 travel signature is valid for one year (for OPT/STEM students, the I-20 travel signature is valid for 6 months.)
- A DS-2019 travel signature is valid for one year for all categories EXCEPT for Short Term Scholars. Short Term Scholar signatures are valid for 6 months.
- If you are contacting us to obtain a visa support letter, unfortunately, we won’t be able to help you until the end of the Winter break (normal business hours resume on January 4, 2016.)
- In case you have not obtained a valid travel signature before leaving the country, at the United States Port of Entry (POE), the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer may issue an I-515A for missing a valid travel signature. The I-515A Form allows temporary entry into the U.S. of no more than 30 days, more information is available here.
- If you receive an I-515A Form bring the from to the ISSS office immediately after the Winter break (January 4, 2016, 8 a.m.) An ISSS advisor will assist you by providing proper guidance.
New International Students
Please see New International Student page for important information before you arrive in the U.S. New students can also review the Pre-Arrival Handbook for more information to prepare for their transition to Drexel and the New International Student Checklist that you can use to guide you through your arrival to Drexel University and Philadelphia .
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Walk-in Advising Hours
Monday - Friday 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Email email@example.com to make an appointment for advising if you cannot make these hours.